Law School Discussion

how on earth do you guys have the mental stamina to do 5-section LSAT preptests?

It's really up to you how you want to prepare for the LSAT. Everyone is different so what works for one person may not work for you...

But as an FYI, in our testmasters class, the instructors told us to always simulate LSAT conditions (see above) and to always use 5 sections. And these were teachers who scored 170+ on the LSAT...

theunderdog

well, what do you guys think about actually building your stamina to the 5 section format?  let's say, doing 2-sections in a row for a good month, then doing 3-sections... then eventually to 5 sections.  trying to do 5-sections right away is very draining..

It's really up to you how you want to prepare for the LSAT. Everyone is different so what works for one person may not work for you...

But as an FYI, in our testmasters class, the instructors told us to always simulate LSAT conditions (see above) and to always use 5 sections. And these were teachers who scored 170+ on the LSAT...

True, but it's a testmasters teacher's job to tell you to do the testmasters method.  They were probably the people who had success with those methods and ended up teaching there, so it may not work for everyone.  Obviously if you are totally drained after section 3 then it is probably in your best interest to work on getting it up to 5 sections.  However, if you are used to working in a job where you have to have a lot of stamina already, that may not be as critical. 

Fidelio

As long as I have food in my system and as long as I eat after the 3rd section, I am all king kong.

Mr Shears

I never found it difficult to do 5 sections straight through with no breaks.  I've been studying like that since I started (given, I only seriously started this month, but I've taken diagnostics before).  I've always been able to concentrate on a mentally challenging task for a long time though.

Rooster

• This dog has a tough life.
    • View Profile
I never did a 5 section preptest before Dec and I had no problem doing the whole thing.

Underdog, I thought you already took the LSAT, did you delay it or something?