Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: (Non-ABA school) Southern New England School of Law  (Read 3851 times)

David Bakody

(Non-ABA school) Southern New England School of Law
« on: December 11, 2003, 10:24:05 PM »
Does anyone here have any experience or comments (good or bad) regarding the Southern New England School of Law in Massachusetts?

I understand that SNESL is a non-ABA school and my practice options are going to be somewhat limited, yet despite this non-ABA status I'm curious as to the reputation of the school itself.

Thanks.

lawschoolafterdark

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Law School After Dark
Re: (Non-ABA school) Southern New England School of Law
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2004, 02:17:26 PM »
I can't speak for Southern New England but I attend Birmingham School of Law in Alabama.  It is non-ABA.  BSL does a good job of getting older students through law school.  BSl grads are pretty much limited to practicing within the state  until they have practices long enough to meet the requirements for other states. The pass rate on the bar is lower than the ABA schools.  It all comes down to getting out what you put in .  Check out my website for some non-traditional schools.  lawschoolafterdark.com

jgruber

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2004, 02:25:30 PM »
I've applied to the Nashville School of Law, another non-ABA school.  They have a good reputation.  Several of their faculty are sitting judges and one is on the state supreme court.
Several alumni are sitting judges.  Did I mention that Albert Gore, Sr. is an alumnus? :)

5525bravo

• Work hard, fly hard, play hard, and stay hard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2004, 01:07:30 AM »
David,

I have been accepted to SNESL.  From what I know, there's a merger between it and Umass-Dartmouth to make it the first public law school in Massachusetts.
I know that the school flunked accreditation in 97 and 99. But they are up for accreditation again in 2006. If the merger does go through, it could really help.

Just wondering, where did you end up going?

Man must rise above the Earth -- to the top of the atmosphere and beyond -- for only thus will he fully understand the world in which he lives.

Socrates

joejimmis

• Senior at the University of Florida
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2005, 08:25:27 PM »
I also have been accepted into Southern New England School of Law. I will strongly consider attending this fall if the merger with UMASS goes thru.

5525bravo

• Work hard, fly hard, play hard, and stay hard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2005, 03:48:46 PM »
I'm really thinking of going to SNESL. The UMASS Board of Trustee has approved of the merger. All it has to do now is go through the Board of Education.

Man must rise above the Earth -- to the top of the atmosphere and beyond -- for only thus will he fully understand the world in which he lives.

Socrates

legalbound

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2008, 02:40:33 AM »
Is this a good school ?

AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2008, 11:02:23 PM »
It's not even provisionally accredited.