Law School Discussion

Rutgers U-(EWR) ---1L taking questions

America's Next Top Lawyer

• Free at last!
    • View Profile
Re: Rutgers U-(EWR) ---1L taking questions
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2006, 05:21:22 PM »
Oh!  I have a question I 4got to ask.  How does Rutgers Newark compare with Camden?  Did you apply to Camden as well?  Or.. are they exactly the same? 

Well in most cases, a Rutgers degree is a Rutgers degree. I think the only difference is that the camden school has made contacts and spread the alumni base into philly. While the Nwk campus has made strong contacts in the NY/NJ area. I think that it translates into a wider area for you to operate while looking for a job. It allows more states in this area to become very familiar with our graduates.

RM

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2006, 06:50:39 AM »
How did you find the 'first year" professors?
Also, just based on the experience you had so far, would you say that the people are fairly friendly? I understand that most are "competitive", but is there still a strong sense of community?
Thanks again!
Margarita

America's Next Top Lawyer

• Free at last!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2006, 11:17:41 AM »
How did you find the 'first year" professors?
Also, just based on the experience you had so far, would you say that the people are fairly friendly? I understand that most are "competitive", but is there still a strong sense of community?
Thanks again!
Margarita

For the most part, the teachers are pretty cool. I adress the issues of teachers and community on the first page.

I finally got back 1 grade today and it was a B in torts. I feel great. So that obviously makes me feel a whole lot better about the teachers.

RM

« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2006, 06:23:14 AM »
Congrats!
You're right, you did mention the profs. Thanks.
I am really looking forward to starting in August!!!