Law School Discussion

Hey dbk10!

Hey dbk10!
« on: January 26, 2006, 07:53:06 AM »
I'm so excited to see another triathlete/marathoner going to LS!  ;D

I'm more of an ultramarathoner myself... Are you going to keep training/racing when LS begins? Do you think you'll have the time and energy? I've been debating this lately... Whether I'll have the time to do my weekly 21-miler on Sat. AM.

dbk10

• View Profile
Re: Hey dbk10!
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 09:43:58 AM »
Hey elirunner,

So sorry that I didn't see this post before, but it brings up the topic that has been plaguing my mind a lot recently.  I'm doing two Triathlons over the summer, but am not going to compete in an early fall triathlon because I don't think I'll have the time to train for both that and a marathon (while attending law school).  I am signed up for the Marine Corps Marathon this October, but just don't know if I'll be able to get all of my training done - with recovery time.  It will definitely take discipline to maybe stay in the library during the week 8am til 10pm (and be productive) to give myself enough time on the weekends to run (AND RECOVER).  I have my first 20 starting the weekend before orientation and in addition to my two 20s, also have two 22s and a 23 miler on the training schedule.

I've heard that 3L cools off a little bit once you have your job, so if things are looking good at that point for me, I'm hoping to use that time to either train for the JFK 50 miler or an Ironman.  No way I'll have time to train for an Ironman once I am a lawyer.