Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: FAFSA Question  (Read 274 times)

pipskicks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
FAFSA Question
« on: January 25, 2006, 10:39:24 PM »
1. Did any of you have trouble finding the school code from law schools for specific schools?
I found with a few schools (Pepperdine, USF etc.) that I could find the school itself, but it did not say the Law School in particular, so for those schools I sent it as it is, but I think it may come up with the wrong tuition amounts.

2. If I end up going to a school that isn't in one of the 6 available slots I had, what will happen?  Will I have to refile or will the money, or priority deadline, be wasted?

chidochido

• Sr. Citizen
  • Rebuilding
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sapotauro
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: FAFSA Question
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2006, 11:57:16 AM »
How long do you have to wait between the original "send" of the first six and the next "send" of the next bundle if you are applying with the online fafsa? Can you just send them out, hit "back" on your browser and give it another shot?
Boalt 1L

zenpeaceofmind

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - zenpeaceofmind
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - zenpeaceofmind
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2006, 12:04:51 PM »
How long do you have to wait between the original "send" of the first six and the next "send" of the next bundle if you are applying with the online fafsa? Can you just send them out, hit "back" on your browser and give it another shot?

No, I'm pretty sure you can't do it that way.

I think you have to wait until your SAR is ready, and then CHANGE the schools on it when you know you need to change them, so basically, I don't know if it's possible to have an ACTIVE FAFSA for more than six schools at a time.

Stupid financial aid...

chidochido

• Sr. Citizen
  • Rebuilding
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sapotauro
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2006, 12:17:32 PM »
Gotcha...I just sent it and my expected contribution in 14Gs!! WTF?!? There is no WAY I can put that money up...this is going to be interesting...
Boalt 1L