Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Columbia Hamilton Fellowship vs. Harvard/Yale  (Read 64478 times)

Denny Crane

• LSD Obsessed
  • Where's my Shirley Schmidt-ho?
    • View Profile
Re: Columbia Hamilton Fellowship vs. Harvard/Yale
« Reply #420 on: February 02, 2007, 01:12:15 PM »
Bumping w/ some news.

Got an unexpected email from none other than Mr. Toby Stock (aka: savior incarnate) indicating that he was putting me in touch w/ the fellowships advisor at HLS in order to help make HLS's offer "more comparable" to that offered by Columbia.  I have no idea how he knew I had gotten a Hamilton offer, but needless to say, this is absolutely amazing.  This gives me much, much hope for ending up with a great offer from HLS (even better than I had anticipated already from what I've heard from current HLS student's experience w/ finaid).
Yale.Law.School.2010

Special Agent Dana Scully

• LSD Obsessed
  • aka MCB
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: February 02, 2007, 01:18:54 PM »
Bumping w/ some news.

Got an unexpected email from none other than Mr. Toby Stock (aka: savior incarnate) indicating that he was putting me in touch w/ the fellowships advisor at HLS in order to help make HLS's offer "more comparable" to that offered by Columbia.  I have no idea how he knew I had gotten a Hamilton offer, but needless to say, this is absolutely amazing.  This gives me much, much hope for ending up with a great offer from HLS (even better than I had anticipated already from what I've heard from current HLS student's experience w/ finaid).

lsn  ;)
Columbia 3L

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
  • Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: February 02, 2007, 01:19:00 PM »
Bumping w/ some news.

Have you already submitted you finaid info?  I dunno what to do...
The noobs are so into themsleves you'd think they allready have offers at Tool, Tool, feminine hygiene product & Dumbass LLC

lsn

Denny Crane

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: February 02, 2007, 01:44:57 PM »
lsn  ;)

That's my suspicion!!!  In this way, adcomm patrolling of LSN/LSD has helped me.  So screw paranoia, embrace the fact they look at profiles!

I submitted my FAFSA and NeedAccess form, but not Harvard's own finaid form yet.
Yale.Law.School.2010

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: February 02, 2007, 01:51:22 PM »
lsn  ;)

That's my suspicion!!!  In this way, adcomm patrolling of LSN/LSD has helped me.  So screw paranoia, embrace the fact they look at profiles!

Hmm... Thanks!  I dunno if Harvard wants me enough to offer money anyway, but that would certainly add another wrinkle to this decision.
I submitted my FAFSA and NeedAccess form, but not Harvard's own finaid form yet.
The noobs are so into themsleves you'd think they allready have offers at Tool, Tool, feminine hygiene product & Dumbass LLC

lsn

Denny Crane

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: February 02, 2007, 01:52:59 PM »
lsn  ;)

Hmm... Thanks!  I dunno if Harvard wants me enough to offer money anyway, but that would certainly add another wrinkle to this decision.

You're a Sharp nominee!  That's hotter than a Hamilton.  Just drop the Sharp name, I'm sure Harvard will react in your favor.
Yale.Law.School.2010

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: February 02, 2007, 01:54:54 PM »
lsn  ;)

You're a Sharp nominee!  That's hotter than a Hamilton.  Just drop the Sharp name, I'm sure Harvard will react in your favor.

So who do you contact to negotiate?  Toby Stock?  It's a lot easier when they contact you...  Of course this all assumes that I get the Sharp...

lsn

Denny Crane

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: February 02, 2007, 01:59:15 PM »
lsn  ;)

So who do you contact to negotiate?  Toby Stock?  It's a lot easier when they contact you...  Of course this all assumes that I get the Sharp...

Toby Stock contacted me and referred me to the Fellowships advisor.  I say once you get the Sharp, get in touch w/ the finaid office and ask to speak with someone there.  One of the HLS students around here would be able to better inform you as to what you should do though.
Yale.Law.School.2010

SouthSide

• Sr. Citizen
  • Full speed ahead.
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: February 02, 2007, 02:19:15 PM »
By all means, I encourage using the Columbia money to bargain with Harvard. Harvard will at least consider it. Bear in mind that Yale doesn't care, though. They told me not even to bother sending in my scholarship information from Columbia.
Columbia 2L.

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: February 02, 2007, 02:26:15 PM »
By all means, I encourage using the Columbia money to bargain with Harvard. Harvard will at least consider it. Bear in mind that Yale doesn't care, though. They told me not even to bother sending in my scholarship information from Columbia.

Don't worry.  I still love Columbia.  ;)

lsn