Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: I Sinned... and I'm afraid there's no forgiveness.  (Read 445 times)

MustangAlum

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN Profile
I Sinned... and I'm afraid there's no forgiveness.
« on: January 25, 2006, 03:57:30 PM »
I've been waiting on my applications b/c I sent them mostly in October/November and I'm going crazy. So I log onto LSAC and go through my electronic applications... Yeah, a simple cardinal sin... and discover some type-o's.

But what's worse, the type-o's are on an addendum explaining a Class C misdemeanor that I was ticketed for... I doubt that ad comms will be so forgiving to not only read the bad news, but also see that I can't prepare a proper apology letter for it.

Should I send a corrected addendum? Or should I just leave it and not draw further attention it?

They're not mispellings. It's like a word I meant to delete when I added or rephrased a sentences that is still left in there... and then the word Thought instead of though. Yuck... why did I do that? And the decision for this one particular school comes back in about 6 days.. sweet!!
SMU Undergraduate '05
Univ. of South Carolina Law '09

kruddler

• Sr. Citizen
  • Lubbock.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: I Sinned... and I'm afraid there's no forgiveness.
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2006, 04:00:56 PM »
Don't worry about it. It's just a Class C, so they're probably not going to read it carefully.
GPA: Ha! LSAT: Meh
Attending Texas Tech fall '06

IvanTrbl

• Sr. Citizen
  • ouch?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2006, 05:51:10 PM »
Hey MustangAlum - I remember seeing your account on LSN because we're near numbers twins.  Its funny, but it appears you also have to explain a misdemeanor charge.  Personally, I wouldn't worry about either the charge or the typo.  I think they'll overlook the offense and a typo on an addendum cannot be taken that seriously - it's not even part of the regular app!  I wouldnt call attention to any mistakes, that can't be good. 
"I spent lots of money on birds, booze, and fast cars.  The rest I squandered." - George Best!

JTW

• View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2006, 08:10:31 PM »
I've been waiting on my applications b/c I sent them mostly in October/November and I'm going crazy. So I log onto LSAC and go through my electronic applications... Yeah, a simple cardinal sin... and discover some type-o's.

But what's worse, the type-o's are on an addendum explaining a Class C misdemeanor that I was ticketed for... I doubt that ad comms will be so forgiving to not only read the bad news, but also see that I can't prepare a proper apology letter for it.

Should I send a corrected addendum? Or should I just leave it and not draw further attention it?

They're not mispellings. It's like a word I meant to delete when I added or rephrased a sentences that is still left in there... and then the word Thought instead of though. Yuck... why did I do that? And the decision for this one particular school comes back in about 6 days.. sweet!!

DO NOT sweat it. It happens. Sending in a correction might even draw attention to something they'll likely skim right past. It's a Class C misdemeanor. Not a DUI/DWI or involuntary manslaughter. You'll be fine.