Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Housing for UNC, Tennessee, Pittsburgh, and Oklahoma  (Read 557 times)

chrisfield

• Sr. Citizen
  • Texas Tech ---> Fall 2006
    • View Profile
Housing for UNC, Tennessee, Pittsburgh, and Oklahoma
« on: January 24, 2006, 10:27:47 PM »
If you have done any homework on these cities, could you tell me what you found please?

I am looking for a 2 BR house/apartment within 10-15 minutes of campus. Thanks.

what?

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Housing for UNC, Tennessee, Pittsburgh, and Oklahoma
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2006, 10:59:10 PM »
How much are you wanting to spend?  I went to UT undergrad, so I can tell you just about anything you need to know.
166/3.8

chrisfield

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2006, 08:10:58 AM »
How much are you wanting to spend?  I went to UT undergrad, so I can tell you just about anything you need to know.

It depends on the place.  But around $400-450 if a one bedroom and around $650-700 if it is a two bedroom.  These would be my preferences. 

queencruella

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2006, 08:50:10 AM »
If you have done any homework on these cities, could you tell me what you found please?

My sister is a grad student at CMU now (which is located next to Pitt) and claims that you can get a house for $450 in a not-so-seedy area located relatively near to campus.   

chrisfield

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2006, 08:55:27 AM »

My sister is a grad student at CMU now (which is located next to Pitt) and claims that you can get a house for $450 in a not-so-seedy area located relatively near to campus.   

awesome.  thanks.

what?

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2006, 10:17:33 AM »
There is a really large, very new apartment building just across the street from the law building called Knoxville Place.  It is sort of an animal house sometimes, but it has its own parking garage, and you can't get any more convenient than across the street.

There is also a place called the Raillery with really big one bedrooms just west of campus, off of Papermill road.  It is probably less than a 10 minute drive.  Check out http://www.knoxapts.com

Just a tip - don't live south of the river unless you are really cheap.  There is cheap student housing there, but it isn't very convenient to anything, and the hillbilly population in that part of town is rather large.
166/3.8

Aerst2

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2006, 05:03:46 PM »

I am currently living in a very nice 1BR apartment on the outer edge of Shadyside for $475/month, utilities included. It's about 5-10 minutes by car to the Pitt campus - about two miles. It wasn't too hard to find a place, and I saw many 2BR's for 600-800 that are even closer to campus.
165 / 3.94

sarcastic1

• Sr. Citizen
  • I've got the 1L blues
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2006, 08:58:20 PM »
Rockytop, this was a quick cycle for you! Have you any idea where you will be headed in the fall?