Law School Discussion

Deferred at Fordham

grohl

Re: Deferred at Fordham
« Reply #360 on: May 15, 2006, 09:32:48 PM »
I got a rejection letter from Fordham today. It was dated May 10. I had been pended there, like all of you, but got into a better school (my opinion) a week ago and decided to withdraw from Fordham. I sent them an e-mail telling them that on May 10, and they replied on May 11, basically saying OK and wishing me good luck. Nothing about the fact that I was rejected. The rejection letter, although dated May 10, was postmarked May 12.

I don't really care at this point, because I'm going somewhere else, but is it possible Fordham decided to reject me after seeing I wanted to withdraw? I was wondering if anything like this has happened to anyone else. It would make them appear to be more selective, I guess. Or maybe it was just a coincidence.

« Reply #361 on: May 15, 2006, 09:42:14 PM »
I got a rejection letter from Fordham today. It was dated May 10. I had been pended there, like all of you, but got into a better school (my opinion) a week ago and decided to withdraw from Fordham. I sent them an e-mail telling them that on May 10, and they replied on May 11, basically saying OK and wishing me good luck. Nothing about the fact that I was rejected. The rejection letter, although dated May 10, was postmarked May 12.

I don't really care at this point, because I'm going somewhere else, but is it possible Fordham decided to reject me after seeing I wanted to withdraw? I was wondering if anything like this has happened to anyone else. It would make them appear to be more selective, I guess. Or maybe it was just a coincidence.

i've heard of that happening before.  maybe it wasn't regarding fordham, but some people here have mentioned it.  if you're curious, try doing a search. 

Kittyl30

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #362 on: May 16, 2006, 08:27:26 PM »
im just not puttingmyself on the waitlist

ljl3y

« Reply #363 on: May 19, 2006, 11:05:36 AM »
I'm sending my w/d today.  I hope that my spot goes to one of you superstars!!  Best wishes.

« Reply #364 on: May 19, 2006, 12:08:17 PM »
Got my acceptance call today for the day division ... argh, now I don't know what to do =/

« Reply #365 on: May 19, 2006, 01:32:58 PM »
After six months of "application not found" on the status checker....i was finally updated to Pended....ugh!

« Reply #366 on: June 06, 2006, 08:29:27 AM »
I just got a call from John Chalmers and I've been accepted off the waitlist. I'll be attending. Good luck to all of you!!!

crazy8

« Reply #367 on: June 06, 2006, 08:44:26 AM »
Congrats Goldilox!

Kittyl30

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #368 on: June 06, 2006, 08:45:39 AM »
congrats!!!

i didnt put myself on the waitlist and if i dont respond by the end of the week i will not be considered there at all

i know im not going there and i sent my deposit to another school and got my apt for next year it still makes me sad to really officially withdraw since i had wanted to go there SO BADLYand would have gone if accepted

so should i just suck it up and withdraw or should i put myself on the waitlist?

drama gal

• D-Jet
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: June 06, 2006, 08:46:56 AM »
congrats!!!

i didnt put myself on the waitlist and if i dont respond by the end of the week i will not be considered there at all

i know im not going there and i sent my deposit to another school and got my apt for next year it still makes me sad to really officially withdraw since i had wanted to go there SO BADLYand would have gone if accepted

so should i just suck it up and withdraw or should i put myself on the waitlist?

Put yourself on the waitlist.