Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Deferred at Fordham  (Read 25944 times)

grohl

• View Profile
Re: Deferred at Fordham
« Reply #360 on: May 15, 2006, 11:32:48 PM »
I got a rejection letter from Fordham today. It was dated May 10. I had been pended there, like all of you, but got into a better school (my opinion) a week ago and decided to withdraw from Fordham. I sent them an e-mail telling them that on May 10, and they replied on May 11, basically saying OK and wishing me good luck. Nothing about the fact that I was rejected. The rejection letter, although dated May 10, was postmarked May 12.

I don't really care at this point, because I'm going somewhere else, but is it possible Fordham decided to reject me after seeing I wanted to withdraw? I was wondering if anything like this has happened to anyone else. It would make them appear to be more selective, I guess. Or maybe it was just a coincidence.

Bay Area Bum

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: May 15, 2006, 11:42:14 PM »
I got a rejection letter from Fordham today. It was dated May 10. I had been pended there, like all of you, but got into a better school (my opinion) a week ago and decided to withdraw from Fordham. I sent them an e-mail telling them that on May 10, and they replied on May 11, basically saying OK and wishing me good luck. Nothing about the fact that I was rejected. The rejection letter, although dated May 10, was postmarked May 12.

I don't really care at this point, because I'm going somewhere else, but is it possible Fordham decided to reject me after seeing I wanted to withdraw? I was wondering if anything like this has happened to anyone else. It would make them appear to be more selective, I guess. Or maybe it was just a coincidence.

i've heard of that happening before.  maybe it wasn't regarding fordham, but some people here have mentioned it.  if you're curious, try doing a search. 

Kittyl30

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #362 on: May 16, 2006, 10:27:26 PM »
im just not puttingmyself on the waitlist
she says she's tired of life
everybody's tired of something..

ljl3y

• View Profile
« Reply #363 on: May 19, 2006, 01:05:36 PM »
I'm sending my w/d today.  I hope that my spot goes to one of you superstars!!  Best wishes.
173/2.97
5 yrs WE NY Law Firm
Non-trad (2 sons)
C'ville-bound!

IN: VIRGINIA (off the WL)!!! Wisconsin($), W&L($), Fordham PT, Richmond($, w/d), UIUC($$, w/d), Cardozo($$, w/d), Miami (w/d), Hastings($, w/d)
OUT:Chicago, NYU, Columbia
WL: Michigan, Emory, Fordham FT, W&M, UT Austin, Vandy

betterlatethannever

• View Profile
« Reply #364 on: May 19, 2006, 02:08:17 PM »
Got my acceptance call today for the day division ... argh, now I don't know what to do =/

ksk2

• View Profile
« Reply #365 on: May 19, 2006, 03:32:58 PM »
After six months of "application not found" on the status checker....i was finally updated to Pended....ugh!

goldilox74

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: June 06, 2006, 10:29:27 AM »
I just got a call from John Chalmers and I've been accepted off the waitlist. I'll be attending. Good luck to all of you!!!

crazy8

« Reply #367 on: June 06, 2006, 10:44:26 AM »
Congrats Goldilox!

Kittyl30

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #368 on: June 06, 2006, 10:45:39 AM »
congrats!!!

i didnt put myself on the waitlist and if i dont respond by the end of the week i will not be considered there at all

i know im not going there and i sent my deposit to another school and got my apt for next year it still makes me sad to really officially withdraw since i had wanted to go there SO BADLYand would have gone if accepted

so should i just suck it up and withdraw or should i put myself on the waitlist?
she says she's tired of life
everybody's tired of something..

drama gal

• Sr. Citizen
  • D-Jet
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: June 06, 2006, 10:46:56 AM »
congrats!!!

i didnt put myself on the waitlist and if i dont respond by the end of the week i will not be considered there at all

i know im not going there and i sent my deposit to another school and got my apt for next year it still makes me sad to really officially withdraw since i had wanted to go there SO BADLYand would have gone if accepted

so should i just suck it up and withdraw or should i put myself on the waitlist?

Put yourself on the waitlist.
The reason birds can fly and we can't is simply that they have perfect faith, for to have faith is to have wings.

Sir James Matthew Barrie