Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Columbia Regular Decision  (Read 20649 times)

daylighthasbroken

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Columbia Regular Decision
« Reply #80 on: January 26, 2006, 02:52:34 AM »
due to hard curves or too many good times?  :D

mine's the latter.  :)

a mix...hard curves lead to heavy drinking to forget about that stuff which leads to us not doing so hot even when it's not hard b/c of hangovers

EDIT: I mean, that was my freshman year...

daylighthasbroken

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 26, 2006, 03:01:01 AM »
our heavy drinking was more the result of our being out in the middle of nowhere.  :D

at least you guys don't have a thousand people dressed up in colonial garb running around to entertain 800,000 tourists every year.  i'd take cold isolation over that any day...drunk snowball fights are fun man.

bass

• Sr. Citizen
  • Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 26, 2006, 08:38:30 AM »
yalecollege - I think that one should take my numbers with a tiny grain of salt.  My LSAT is good, but it's my GPA that seems really good.  But you have to realize, my UG is NOT very good.  Our average LSAT is definitely less than 150 (146?), and I have a feeling that it isn't very hard to get a good GPA.

Fatcat also picked up a hamilton, and she has, let us say, somewhat impressive numbers( :o)?  I'm sure it is a combination of factors.

fatcat

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 26, 2006, 09:28:23 AM »
yalecollege - I think that one should take my numbers with a tiny grain of salt.  My LSAT is good, but it's my GPA that seems really good.  But you have to realize, my UG is NOT very good.  Our average LSAT is definitely less than 150 (146?), and I have a feeling that it isn't very hard to get a good GPA.

Fatcat also picked up a hamilton, and she has, let us say, somewhat impressive numbers( :o)?  I'm sure it is a combination of factors.

they could also be somewhat prestige-whorish, basing it partly on UG institution. (in my opinion, that would be prestige-whorish  ;) )... that would explain yalecollege and me.

columbia's index doesn't take into account UG institution right? But maybe they add that in when deciding on the hamilton?

were the other hamiltons from ivies?  ???

Kansas

« Reply #84 on: January 26, 2006, 09:32:58 AM »
Nope, I didn't go to an Ivy... small private liberal arts, tho.

fatcat

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 26, 2006, 09:40:47 AM »
Nope, I didn't go to an Ivy... small private liberal arts, tho.

hrmmm, then i don't know. still might be quality of UG institution, but at least maybe they're not closing themselves off ridiculously in that regard... ???

chasingkoalas

« Reply #86 on: January 26, 2006, 10:17:36 AM »
No ivy for me.

Top Public.

bloomich

« Reply #87 on: January 26, 2006, 11:41:16 AM »
No ivy for me.

Top Public.

what are the chances of columbia giving two umichers the hamilton... unlikely, i fear

KT

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 26, 2006, 11:42:00 AM »
No ivy for me.

Top Public.

what are the chances of columbia giving two umichers the hamilton... unlikely, i fear

bc you don't have enough, or anything.
Lovers: Washington and Lee, Georgetown, UVA, Duke, NYU, Columbia, Chicago, Berkeley!
Haters: Michigan, Stanford, Harvard

My new boyfriend: Virginia!

bloomich

« Reply #89 on: January 26, 2006, 11:56:35 AM »
No ivy for me.

Top Public.

bc you don't have enough, or anything.

i'm insatiable... no, listen, i'd be more than happy if my season ends where i stand... but the hamilton is an amazing opp... certainly one that i wouldn't mind entertaining