Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Help meeeeee!  (Read 6429 times)

Mr Shears

Re: Help meeeeee!
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2006, 02:02:24 PM »
Can you wear earplugs during the real test?  That would be GREAT.

Miyabi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2006, 05:36:19 PM »
I think you can wear them. Otherwise my teacher wouldn't have suggested it.

Mr Shears

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2006, 06:15:55 PM »
I think you can wear them. Otherwise my teacher wouldn't have suggested it.

Sweet.  I'm practically deaf, but I can still hear chatting and chewing and rattling and stuff when it's really quiet.  Earplugs will make it total silence for me.  SWEET.

Miyabi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2006, 06:36:41 PM »
I just can't take it when people nearby are chatting--I can tune out anything that's lower than that, but when it gets to bands doing sound checks right below you, the score's going to drop a bit.

Come April or so I'll start taking tests in the library and see if I can get used to a low level of noise, but I'm wearing the earplugs anyway so I don't get distracted.

Mr Shears

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2006, 11:33:46 PM »
I just can't take it when people nearby are chatting--I can tune out anything that's lower than that, but when it gets to bands doing sound checks right below you, the score's going to drop a bit.

Come April or so I'll start taking tests in the library and see if I can get used to a low level of noise, but I'm wearing the earplugs anyway so I don't get distracted.

The last time I took a test at the library, the librarian went into her office not twenty feet from me and started screaming into her phone with the door open for a good 45 mins.

Miyabi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2006, 12:09:22 AM »
Oh, ugh. I hate it when things like that happen. Well, I checked the rules on my June LSAT ticket, and there's nothing expressly forbidding earplugs, so I guess they're OK. On the other hand, does anyone know how to disable the beeping on a kitchen timer? I'm going to get one for the test so I can keep my own time, and I don't want it confiscated.

Come Thursday, I start attacking the LR Bible. Wheee.

toonces

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2006, 05:33:01 AM »
Miyabi--be sure to check out the LSAC policies online before the big day!  I'm afraid it's a no-go on the ear plugs.

From LSAC (emphasis added):

Prohibited devices. Candidates are not permitted to bring
into the testing room the following devices: ear plugs,
books, papers of any kind, calculators, rulers, listening
devices, cellular phones, recording or photographic
devices, pagers, beepers, headsets, and/or other electronic
devices. Supervisors are instructed to collect all prohibited
devices that are brought into the testing room until the
exam is finished. LSAC and LSAT testing staff will not be
responsible for confiscated devices.

Mr Shears

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2006, 09:27:21 AM »
Aren't timers electronic devices?  :P

I don't get the ear plugs thing.  How could wearing ear plugs possibly help you cheat?

Miyabi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2006, 01:24:48 AM »
Ah, my dad said that earplugs are verboten because of the possibility of them being audio transmitters in disguise.

I guess I wouldn't need them on the day of the test, though--given my test site, it's pretty secluded and quiet enough so that I would be able to take it and not want to kill the nearest noisemaking thing.

Mr Shears

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2006, 02:47:24 PM »
Ah, my dad said that earplugs are verboten because of the possibility of them being audio transmitters in disguise.

I guess I wouldn't need them on the day of the test, though--given my test site, it's pretty secluded and quiet enough so that I would be able to take it and not want to kill the nearest noisemaking thing.

They're little foam cylinders.  >:(