Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Still incomplete--what should I do??  (Read 160 times)

jujunyc

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Still incomplete--what should I do??
« on: January 23, 2006, 04:44:26 PM »
I'm still waiting on Harvard and Columbia to go complete. Both say they're missing my Dean's Certs., which were sent in the same package from LSAC as my second LOR on December 6. My UG doesn't do individualized Dean's Cert. forms, so they went out via LSAC, same as my LORs.

I let both schools know this over the phone (Harvard in late December, Columbia this week, when I recieved incomplete notices from each), and Columbia also had me send a reply email to the incomplete notice. I'm getting nervous cause of the late date...

Do you think I should do anything else? I couldn't get a definitive answer over the phone. Is is overkill to stop by Columbia's Admissions office, which isn't far from my house?

pcv

• View Profile
Re: Still incomplete--what should I do??
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2006, 05:14:22 PM »
I assume you went to Penn (as did I, college '03).  The College office said their procedure for Dean's Cert was via Career Services credentials service.  After the dean's letter was in my file, I requested each letter through career services.  I don't know about Columbia, since I didn't apply, but that was the way I sent my letetrs to Harvard, where I am complete.  (A lot of schools take a while to process the reports and LOR, so maybe the delay is because of this).  Hope this helps.

jujunyc

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Still incomplete--what should I do??
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2006, 05:20:51 PM »
yup, (December 04 for me) :)

The only difference from what you did was I had career services send the letter to LSAC so I wouldn't have to pay Penn $6 everytime I needed one sent out. I'm thinking maybe that was a mistake, it wasn't *that* much money.

I'm hoping they just didn't get to processing it yet...but it was sent out almost two months ago. Who knows...