Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Tier 3 Law School  (Read 2119 times)

nylawstudent

• Click Profile to change this text.
    • View Profile
Tier 3 Law School
« on: December 11, 2003, 01:43:32 AM »
I am applying for the second time to one of my alma mater law schools, I graduated from their undergrad university and I got rejected the first time.  I am applying early decision and I am currently employed as a paralegal in a law firm in NY, finishing my masters degree in june, and my gpa was 3.6 for under and masters.  Now my lsat taking it twice I got in the 142-143 range.  What are my chances of getting into a tier 3 or tier 4 law school eventually?  I have recommendation letters from attorneys and the whole works.  This is my second year applying and my motivation is extremely high and I even went on a campus interview with an admissions cousellor and she seemed really enthusiastic about me.  I will be notified this week or next week on my early decision and if I dont get in, start applying to some tier 3 and tier 4 law schools?  What do you all think?

nylawstudent

• View Profile
Re:Tier 3 Law School
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2003, 05:51:57 PM »
well my alma mater rejected me...for the second time...and to make it even more insulting...it was for early decision.  My credentials above were off the charts and all I can say is I will laugh in their face when another law school gives me the chance to showcase my skills...its kind of funny though...I had to laugh when this happened...

newb

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2003, 06:47:40 PM »
Since I have no clue as to what school you applied to, I would say you still have a decent shot of getting accepted to a tier 3/tier 4 Law School.

What schools have you applied to? Do you a good PS, EC, and recommendations?

nylawstudent

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2003, 04:22:58 AM »
I need some advice on some good tier 3 and tier 4 law schools in NY?  I want to study matrimonial law and I have all recommendation letters from attorneys and professors of high ranking.  My personal statement is great and I have spent a considerable time.  Should I apply part time?  Will I have a better chance of getting in?  I have to get to law school next year...as I am finishing my masters in june...any ideas anyone?

newb

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2003, 11:03:25 AM »
Tier 4:
New England School of Law (Boston)
Quinnipiac University (Hamden, connecticut)
Western New England College School of Law (Springfield, Massachusetts)

Tier 3:

Pace (offers part-time)

Hofstra (not sure if they have part-time)

NYLS - (part-time available)

Albany...

Part time is easier to gain accepetance into per se, but it all depends on the school.  Do you have an addendum explaining your low lsat score? Have you talked with any schools personally?

Goodluck