Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: DO NOT APPLY TO LIBERTY UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF LAW  (Read 31896 times)

scrabble75

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: DO NOT APPLY TO LIBERTY UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF LAW
« Reply #70 on: June 18, 2009, 09:46:57 PM »
Dude, The book by Kevin Roose is a must read for anyone considering Liberty Law School......a 46 page rule book for students...have you read this?

www.kevinroose.com

READ THIS FIRST!!!! www.kevinroose.com

www.studentsreview.com/viewprofile.php3?k=1107127095&u=1409

Thinking about applying to Regent's Law School or Liberty's Liberty Law School?????

LULAW1982

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #71 on: June 18, 2009, 10:19:48 PM »
The law school has its own set of rules and they are not anywhere near as crazy as the undergrad rules.  I know b/c I went there.

Matlock!!!!

• He, he, he.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 19, 2009, 02:02:26 AM »
The brain washed Zombie poster above sent me the following PM:

LULAW1982
Sr. Citizen
Re: Liberty

You are nothing but a punk.  Only losers talk smack on the Internet.  Go run to your mom female dog.

Liberty recently BANNED the DEMOCRATIC PARTY CLUB on it's campus. 

http://blog.newsweek.com/blogs/thegaggle/archive/2009/05/22/liberty-university-bans-dem-club.aspx

Right Wing Wackos need only apply.  I pm'd the Zombie back asking it to tell Jerry Falwell, God called and he wants his good reputation back.

If there's one thing America needs, it's more lawyers.  Can you imagine a world without lawyers?                         |
-Lionel Hutz

LULAW1982

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #73 on: June 19, 2009, 02:45:01 AM »
Once again, you are incorrect.  Liberty did not ban the college Dems from campus.  Liberty will not allow the college Democrats to use the school's name or receive any student funding (which is minimal anyway).  The college Democrats still have their group, and still meet regularly on campus. 

nealric

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • a.k.a. Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 20, 2009, 02:52:49 PM »
But I presume Liberty has no problem allowing the campus Republicans to use the school's name and funding.
Georgetown Law Graduate

Chief justice Earl Warren wasn't a stripper!
Now who's being naive?

Matlock!!!!

• He, he, he.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 21, 2009, 07:07:08 PM »
Once again, you are incorrect.  Liberty did not ban the college Dems from campus.  Liberty will not allow the college Democrats to use the school's name or receive any student funding (which is minimal anyway).  The college Democrats still have their group, and still meet regularly on campus. 
Once again you prove yourself to be a brain-washed zombie douchetard. :-*  DO NOT THROW AWAY YOUR MONEY ON THIS WASTE OF REAL ESTATE THEY CALL A LAW SCHOOL.  Unless you enjoy six figure debt and next to no employment prospects.  In that case feel free to throw your life away in this turd hole.
If there's one thing America needs, it's more lawyers.  Can you imagine a world without lawyers?                         |
-Lionel Hutz

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 22, 2009, 07:55:59 AM »
That's because most of it is password protected now, Sam. You can verify that by clicking the links on the first few pages of this thread. The list of prohibitions and sactions on page two of this thread is a direct copy and paste.

Regarding individual choice of where to attend law school and ABA accreditation, I totally agree with you. But these people are screaming to be made fun of. It will only do them good by feeding their thirst for persecution.
I could see why they would want to do that but that said am I supposed to just take peoples word for it that these things are on the site? Liberty may deserve to be made fun of a bit but I don't think they deserve to have un-verified information about their school circulated on the internet.

Also, looking over their sexual misconduct clause again I did notice that along with banned actions normally considered sexual harassment it included pre-marital sex. I wonder if that's actually enforced dam that could be awful.

you should see penalty for abortions at dances.

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #77 on: June 24, 2009, 07:20:43 PM »

Sounds like they're certainly discriminating against Ds, unless they strong arm Rs as hard, which I doubt.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

mjh0111

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: July 05, 2009, 09:46:28 PM »
I already posted these next two posts on another thread (virtually same content), but whatever ...  ;)

With all due respect to Matlock, I would highly recommend Liberty University School of Law. I doubt you will get a better education than the one Liberty has to offer at even many T2 schools.

In the two years that I have spent there thus far, I have been very impressed by the breadth and depth of experience that the faculty bring to the table (and actually apply to classroom situations at least once a week). I have also been impressed with the breadth and depth of treatment of the subject matter in each classroom. Liberty intentionally has its students spend 20 percent more time in class (one hour) than virtually all other ABA-accredited institutions (50 minutes) in order to increase the treatment of the subject matter.

In addition, the Lawyering Skills program is unparalleled, and in fact is being emulated by several other law schools, including Washington & Lee University. I have accomplished, and gotten high marks on, more directly practice-related projects than you can shake an appellate brief at. Let me give you a small sampling of our graded assignments, all of which stem from required courses: interrogatories, a 40-page LLC operating agreement, depositions (taking and defending), negotiations, a contract for the sale of goods, a motion in limine, a statute, and a subpoena duces tecum. And that is just scratching the surface.

Matlock, I think you should know that TO AN INDIVIDUAL, every single member of every single ABA site team that has visited our institution has been astounded with the quality of every single aspect of our law school, from the law review to the law library to the classroom setting to the facilities. For you to pejoratively call LU School of Law a "black mark," a "brain washing hell hole," and a "waste of real estate" is to exhibit both your poor judgment/taste and your virtual ignorance of the facts for the entire LSD community to see ... not to mention your extremely xenophobic and hateful attitude towards conservative Christians.

mjh0111

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #79 on: July 05, 2009, 09:47:30 PM »
For Exhibit A on Matlock's virtual ignorance of the facts, see his statement that Liberty is "still dealing with provisional ABA accreditation" on a separate thread. For your information, LU received provisional accreditation faster than any ABA-accredited law school in the history of ABA-accredited law schools, which was 18 months. Going by sheer mathematics, the soonest that ANY institution could be granted full accreditation is a full four years after provisional accreditation, which would translate to April 2010. As LULAW1982 rather ineloquently pointed out, we have an ABA site team coming in the fall. Based on our track record and future projections, LU is a virtual shoo-in for full accreditation. And as you must know, oh wise Matlock, there is no difference between provisionally accredited schools and fully accredited schools, except fully accredited schools are permitted to engage in night school programs, joint degree programs (e.g., JD/MBA), and LL.M. programs. Oh, I'm sorry, you didn't know that, Matlock? Maybe you should check your facts the next time you begin to make overblown and unwarranted generalizations.