Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: DO NOT APPLY TO LIBERTY UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF LAW  (Read 32462 times)

IvanTrbl

• Sr. Citizen
  • ouch?
    • View Profile
Re: DO NOT APPLY TO LIBERTY UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF LAW
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2006, 12:22:31 PM »
I dont think they can find out 99% of those things.
"I spent lots of money on birds, booze, and fast cars.  The rest I squandered." - George Best!

cyberrev

« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2006, 06:13:04 PM »
A spinster comes into the segregated dorms every week to check the ladies for "signs of invasion."

with a speculum the size of a salad tosser

CoxlessPair

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2006, 09:10:14 PM »
Da Rev, I think I just threw up in my mouth.
Air Force JAG Corps

curry2lt99

« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2006, 09:47:11 PM »
I'm no fan of Liberty University by any means, but I think you all are way out of line. This thread contains quite a lot of hate and intolerance towards Christians. If you don't believe in the Bible, fine. But to openly mock those who do and the school they go to because of it is crossing the line.

Generally speaking, evangelical Christians do not believe in premarital sex, abortion, and a whole host of things which you may see differently. They have a right to their beliefs, as you do. One of the reasons they set up Liberty University is because a lot of other law schools are filled with people who hate them for what they believe.

Personally, the reason why I would disagree with going to Liberty is because I believe Jesus commanded us to be in the world. There is a trend in Christianity today to cocoon ourselves in our own little bubble. Setting up our own law schools such as Liberty and Regent are examples of this cocooning.

So yes, I would agree that Liberty and Regent do not represent the best legal education in the country. But they have structured themselves the way they have because of their believes and they are not harming you people. So, please stop the religious bigotry.

Pancho

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2006, 10:18:20 PM »
Their 75th #s are 3.6/155 - shouldn't these people be looking at a Tier 2 or 3 school? 

This post effectively convinced me not to send my money to Liberty :-X.

kmpnj

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • law school numbers
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2006, 01:08:33 AM »
A spinster comes into the segregated dorms every week to check the ladies for "signs of invasion."

Except salad tossing is probably banned as well.

IvanTrbl

• Sr. Citizen
  • ouch?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2006, 01:44:52 PM »
I'm no fan of Liberty University by any means, but I think you all are way out of line. This thread contains quite a lot of hate and intolerance towards Christians. If you don't believe in the Bible, fine. But to openly mock those who do and the school they go to because of it is crossing the line.

I think you are misunderstanding the issue at hand.  We have no ill feelings towards the students of Liberty or their fundamental beliefs.  However, one will be hard-pressed to justify the absurd policing policies that the school's administration employs.  It's almost as though they're ostracizing their own students by subjecting them to rigorous behavorial codes.  It seems unethical and hypocritical.

"I spent lots of money on birds, booze, and fast cars.  The rest I squandered." - George Best!

Tulane1L

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2006, 12:03:23 AM »

Oh, that made me laugh ;)

kmpnj

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • law school numbers
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2006, 10:30:09 PM »

I think you are misunderstanding the issue at hand.  We have no ill feelings towards the students of Liberty or their fundamental beliefs.  However, one will be hard-pressed to justify the absurd policing policies that the school's administration employs.  It's almost as though they're ostracizing their own students by subjecting them to rigorous behavorial codes.  It seems unethical and hypocritical.

Oh, come on.  The world needs these social misfits.  They make regular nerds like myself look cool by comparison.

cyberrev

« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2006, 10:46:23 PM »

only on the sabbath. 

thou shalt not toss thy vegetables upon thy day of rest, nor shall thou tosseth thy cookies