Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: DO NOT APPLY TO THE LIBERTY UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF LAW  (Read 3167 times)

WfPck05

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: DO NOT APPLY TO THE LIBERTY UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF LAW
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2006, 09:38:34 AM »
i would also recommend their "code of conduct". it's highly entertaining.

https://www.liberty.edu/studentaffairs/index.cfm?PID=1378

i can't honestly believe that some people live like this, let alone when they're college age.

I was actually suprised myself because the people I know that went there were somewhat wild in their high school years.  I suppose they would be considered born again.

drama gal

• Sr. Citizen
  • D-Jet
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2006, 12:54:40 PM »
Is Liberty a school or a cult?
The reason birds can fly and we can't is simply that they have perfect faith, for to have faith is to have wings.

— Sir James Matthew Barrie

kruddler

• Sr. Citizen
  • Lubbock.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2006, 12:59:26 PM »
30 Reprimands + $500 Fine + 30 hours Disciplinary Community Service + possible Administrative Withdrawal: Abortion, failure of three Christian/Community Services without reconciliation, immorality, involvement with witchcraft, séances or other occultic activities, & spending the night with a person of the opposite sex.[/size]

So what if you have premarital sex that results in an abortion, and you sacrifice the Fetus on the Altar of Our Dark Lord Satan during a seance? Do you only owe $500, or $1,500?
GPA: Ha! LSAT: Meh
Attending Texas Tech fall '06

kruddler

• Sr. Citizen
  • Lubbock.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2006, 01:04:43 PM »
Sounds like a dare to me.
GPA: Ha! LSAT: Meh
Attending Texas Tech fall '06

jarvisa

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2006, 01:10:59 PM »
I, for one, think it's fantastic that there is a law school that has the strength and morals to finally tackle this "Tongue-Kissing Epidemic" head on.  Sick, just sick.

akcpup

• AOL Instant Messenger - akcpup
    • View Profile
    • LSN AKCPUP
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2006, 01:21:29 PM »
So you can't spend the night with someone of the opposite sex, but what about someone of the same sex... Yes! I'm applying! I actually received spam mail from them... I don't know how that slip occured, especially since I checked that I was gay on my LSDA profile. Maybe they are trying to expand their horizons, or perhaps they are trying to lure me in so they are can burn me at the stake once I step foot on campus!

sarmstrong806

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2006, 01:27:05 PM »
This is laughable

and **BAFFABLE**

Yale College Inferno

• Sr. Citizen
  • New daily nonstop to Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2006, 01:28:55 PM »
"Official call slips are sent to students when a member of the administration or faculty needs to contact them. It is the student's responsibility to answer a call slip within the time designated on the call slip or call the appropriate office about any difficulties interfering with a prompt response. Failure to respond within the time allotted will result in four (4) reprimands for the first offense."

How does four reprimands work?
"You're a terrible person, you're a terrible person, you're a terrible person, you're a terrible person!"
Yale College '06
Harvard Law School '09

Bored? Try the mafia boss. (Warning: addictive!)
http://www.themafiaboss.com/?refer=admiral28
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=yalecol06

Mr Belding

• What a tool
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2006, 01:36:12 PM »
AS far as i know, liberty is run/was founded by the reverand jerry falwell. The ultimate example of organized religion gone wrong.
164 / 3.65

jarvisa

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2006, 01:36:56 PM »
From Liberty's Code of Conduct: "University personnel may periodically visit the private residence of off campus students to assist in resolving off campus problems and to ensure compliance to University regulations."

"Earrings and/or plugs are not permitted on or off campus, nor is body piercing. Questions concerning the standard of dress for men should be addressed to the Dean of Men's Office."

And from Wiki: "On several occasions Falwell has described it as 'Bible Boot Camp.' He still exhorts Liberty's students to burn it down if it 'ever turns liberal'. "

When I am older, I am going to raise my kids Buddhist and then send them to this school to mess with their heads.