Law School Discussion

What would you consider a diploma mill?

Re: What would you consider a diploma mill?
« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2006, 01:28:22 PM »
i'm not reading this complete thread.  but zardoz, i hope you are a freaking genius because these questions tell me that you have some serious social issues.  what's with the ridiculous questions? 

Paper Chaser

• http://guinnessandchocolate.blogspot.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2007, 01:01:31 AM »
Most top law schools are nothing but diploma mills, if you get in you are golden. Example...Duke

ishi

« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2007, 05:22:48 PM »
well?  I mean what type of school would one have to go to be considered a real lawyer?

My firm hires a very well-paid trial attorney on a contractual basis.  He went to an unaccredited* school (San Francisco Law School).  Likewise, my ex-gf's mother went to Lincoln Law School (makes me think of Lincoln Logs) and she has a pretty successful family law practice.  She went part-time and worked all the way through, but she's doing well for herself.  It's hard to make it from no-name schools, but it can happen if you're serious.  I'd consider both of these people "real" lawyers.

* correct me if I'm wrong on that..

« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2007, 01:46:47 AM »
The University of San Francisco has been accredited since 1935.  There are a lot of schools through which there are pretty good job prospects.  You can make good money without working in a big law firm.  My friend's Dad went to Southwestern (which is by no means a national school), but he makes a lot of money.  A lot depends on how hard you work and the chances that you are willing to take.  Sometimes working for a really small firm pays off, because you can make a greater share of the profits once business picks up. 

ishi

« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2007, 07:53:38 PM »
The University of San Francisco has been accredited since 1935.  There are a lot of schools through which there are pretty good job prospects.  You can make good money without working in a big law firm.  My friend's Dad went to Southwestern (which is by no means a national school), but he makes a lot of money.  A lot depends on how hard you work and the chances that you are willing to take.  Sometimes working for a really small firm pays off, because you can make a greater share of the profits once business picks up. 

Assuming you were responding to my comment -- I was talking about San Francisco Law school, not USF.

http://www.sfls.edu/

not

http://www.usfca.edu/

« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2007, 01:01:33 PM »
Hmmm, yeah I don't think SFLS is ABA accredited.  It might be provisionally accredited.  There are several schools like that in California.  In either case the rest of my comment still applies. 

ishi

« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2007, 05:08:49 PM »
Hmmm, yeah I don't think SFLS is ABA accredited.  It might be provisionally accredited.  There are several schools like that in California.  In either case the rest of my comment still applies. 

Right -- just clarifying.  I agree with the rest of your comment.

Funky Cold Hrdina

• Relative Anonymity
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2007, 04:48:34 AM »
tag

« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2007, 09:05:21 PM »