Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Every question on a passage wrong???  (Read 297 times)

vsavatar

• Sr. Citizen
  • None
    • AOL Instant Messenger - VSAvatar
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - VSAvatar
    • View Profile
    • Ken Burger's Blog
Every question on a passage wrong???
« on: January 22, 2006, 03:04:26 PM »
I just got done taking the June 2005 practice LSAT and I got 8 wrong on the RC section alone.  Every single question I answered about the last passage was wrong, but I read that damn thing through twice!  Still, despite reading it through twice, I could not follow it because it was so damn convoluted.  I'm about to give up hope completely here and just say screw it, stop studying, take the damn thing, and let the chips fall where they may.  It's obvious studying for this has not done me one bit of good if the best I can do now is a 154, when the first test I took, I got a 158 on.  ARRRRGGGHHHH!!!!
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=vsavatar

"They who would sacrifice essential liberty for a little temporary security deserve neither liberty or security." - Benjamin Franklin

Fidelio

Re: Every question on a passage wrong???
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2006, 03:10:41 PM »
Don't feel lonely, I just did a ton of recent RCs today and got "PWNED" in the process.  It is obvious that they are getting nastier by the year.  I am trying to figure out what are other ways of defeating the RC.  I have read alot of tips and done alot of passages per topic.  Moreover, I feel that answer choices are more convoluted and much trickier than ever before, the "shell game" answers are
even more tempting.

Too bad the RC just doesn't offer 4 history passages.  Gotta love those history passages.   

Mr Shears

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2006, 03:18:51 PM »
Don't worry.  I got PWNED on the RC section of that one too.  I only got 20 out of 27 right...blah.  I didn't get all wrong on one section, but on the first section - the one on the economists' views - I got the first 4 wrong.  :P  Oh well...still managed to get a 163 somehow.

Finch

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2006, 03:08:05 PM »
At least it was just a practice...I got a terrible migraine during the actual december exam which reached full blast right as I hit section 5 - Reading comp.  I got 10 wrong on it...netting me a 163.  Sometimes things just don't go your way.

Anyway, I think I do remember that passage you're talking about as being rather difficult compared to the rest in that administration.  Good luck  8)

snikrep

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2006, 01:48:34 AM »
The RC sucks - 6 out of my 9 wrong questions were in RC (the first section for me).  Yeah, that's a punch in the old gut.