Law School Discussion

Double Checking My Final Decision - opinions?

Mr Shears

Re: Double Checking My Final Decision - opinions?
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2006, 01:13:24 PM »
Yeah.  I'm a fan in every sense of the word.  I bring the RIA 2006 Fed. Tax Handbook to class with me to read for fun.   :-X

snikrep

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2006, 04:10:01 PM »
Sounds like a good decision - I wouldn't bet on the Illinois residency, I remember looking at the same thing and they were very picky about the process (good luck if you try though).

Too bad about L&C, it's my impression that they are fairly stingy with their awards, so I wouldn't feel too bad.  As you say, it makes your decision a lot easier.  I've been surprised with how much money Willamette is throwing around, I know somebody who went there a couple years ago with a 163/3.4 and got a half-tuition scholarship, from LSN that would warrant a full ride now.

As long as your wife is on board, sounds like a decent decision, I don't think you'll regret it - worst case is you end up living in Chicago for the rest of your life ;).

bruinbro

• B-Blitz
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2006, 04:24:43 PM »
There is no decision. You have to go to UIUC. Congrats and good luck.

Hobert

• Rossi! Rossi! Rossi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2006, 04:29:32 PM »
Have fun in Urbana. You made the correct choice...

snikrep

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2006, 04:31:21 PM »
Might I say that the Gingercreek apartments by Roysebrinkmeyer are nice, but the management is *horrible*?  The laws in Illinois are unfriendly to renters, beware.

*shell*

• FSU...@#!* *&^% up
    • AOL Instant Messenger - shellrae007
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2006, 04:33:35 PM »
i think you made the right choice

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2006, 08:34:21 AM »
I completely agree with your decision. Illinois is a national law school and will give you more options over the long-haul. I'm facing a similar dilemma between Pacific/McGeorge, a regional school offering me significant money (and I do have some desire to practice in Reno, where McGeorge alumni are prevalent) and American, a national school with minimal financial aid. Personally, I'm leaning American. I've also been accepted to Temple, Villanova, DePaul, San Francisco, and Cincinnati. But AU is the best option, regardless of financial aid offers from anyone else.

HippieLawChick

• Current 2L
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2006, 03:39:18 PM »
Lewis and Clark didn't offer any money b/c they don't have any.  Since I went through this whole process last cycle (I deferred and am attending WI in fall)  and researched every school I applied to, I can tell you that L & C doesn't offer much money to anyone.  I was above their median for LSAT by a TON and got zero.  Those who did get offered $ got $2,500.  Drop in the bucket compared with that tuition. 

Go to UIUC and don't sweat the money thing.  Do what you are passionate about and the money will come to you later.