i think i'm addicted to applying...

*shell*

• FSU...@#!* *&^% up
    • AOL Instant Messenger - shellrae007
    • View Profile
    • Email
i think i'm addicted to applying...
« on: January 21, 2006, 12:41:23 PM »
so i had my list down, and my apps were out november 15th...but since that date i've applied to not 1, not 2, but 4 more schools!!  just applied to wash and lee...wow.  someone needs to stop me!

Re: i think i'm addicted to applying...
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2006, 12:43:08 PM »
hey it's better than being addicted to crack i suppose

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2006, 12:45:51 PM »
so i had my list down, and my apps were out november 15th...but since that date i've applied to not 1, not 2, but 4 more schools!!  just applied to wash and lee...wow.  someone needs to stop me!

I actually think you should apply to more schools...your list on lsn is kind of sparse in my opinion. I think you need more *target schools, not just reaches and safteies.

*shell*

• FSU...@#!* *&^% up
    • AOL Instant Messenger - shellrae007
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2006, 12:48:44 PM »
DD, do you have any suggestions?? 

I actually think you should apply to more schools...your list on lsn is kind of sparse in my opinion. I think you need more *target schools, not just reaches and safteies.

mto83

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2006, 01:19:49 PM »
I have spent more than one month's rent in application fees--and rent isn't cheap in NYC.

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2006, 01:25:53 PM »
DD, do you have any suggestions?? 

Well, it is a little late in the game, but sening a few more out (if you can do it before feb 1) wouldn't hurt. Knowing that you got into FSU, you could use that as a starting point and apply to a few more around that level. You will probably already likely get into ASU as well. Any schools lower than those are obviously already out of the running now that you have your FSU acceptence.

So, lets see how much better you can do. Maybe Wisconsin? And Illinois? Iowa if you don't mind the location. Per the LSAC calculator you have a much better shot at all of those than at Washington and Lee, and they are all higher ranked than IU-B (which I think was a good choice on your list, by the way). It really seems like you kind of ignored the schools that are more targets or upper-targets for you. I don't know enough about what you want in a school or what location you really want to make any more informed suggestions, but it seems to me that you are looking to get out someplace new, which any of those schools would be im guessing. Hope some of that helped. Feel free to elaborate on what kind of school you are looking for. Its fun thumbing through the big ABA book and looking at all those charts (might as well use it for something).

john83

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2006, 02:52:15 PM »
i don't think you're addicted. i am addicted. i have applied to 26 and wished i had applied to more.

now that is a problem.

however, why don't you run a search on LSAC.org and see, based on ur numbers, where you line up? aim for some quality schools where you've got 50/50 shot or better.

cyberrev

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2006, 03:40:29 PM »
ha ha -- i applied to 24 as well and am thinking, ahhh, just one more!

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2006, 05:28:29 PM »
I'm addicted, too. I'm up to 14 now and was initially planning on applying to 7.  I sent out 10 in mid-November and was sure I was through, but that was not to be the case.  Of course most of the ones I added have <50% chance of accepting me- I'm just not the type to be lured by fee waivers, I guess.