Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: In at Hastings!  (Read 1368 times)

bigkat

• View Profile
    • Email
In at Hastings!
« on: January 21, 2006, 12:05:08 AM »
Whew!

My first one, but I applied late.  Haven't even heard from Santa Clara or USF yet, don't care about them anymore.

CALIMAN

Re: In at Hastings!
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 10:21:09 PM »
ďMAMA MIAĒ

YES!!!

Iím going to roll another seven!!!
 :o :D

NH

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2006, 07:23:09 PM »
Congratulations on your admissions to Hastings! Are you in the LEOP?

CALIMAN

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2006, 11:50:24 PM »
Thank you!

Indeed, and Iím honored, I might add. Imagine that, Iím that much closer to clerking for a California Supreme Court Justice.

NH

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2006, 05:58:32 PM »
Good to see that a "Hastings" thread has started. I'll be starting this Fall. I live in Oakland at the moment and will commute to campus. Where does everyone else intend to live? Anyone else traveling from the East Bay? If so, maybe we can carpool.

CALIMAN

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2006, 06:21:07 PM »
Thank you!

Indeed, and Iím honored, I might add. Imagine that, Iím that much closer to clerking for a California Supreme Court Justice.

Are you going to be attending?

It all depends on a range of contingencies. The University of California is the best public institution in the business of higher education, including its law programs. Given the right incentives and variables to outweigh competing considerations, yes.

Note on your sub-note: do you know for fact that UC Hastings is cutthroat? Or do you base that opinion on hearsay, rumor, anecdotes, etc.? I did some research and found little evidence supporting such a hypothesis. In fact, I found useful information to the contrary, the law school has a low attrition rate, especially under the category of ďacademic attritionĒ--the more relevant category when evaluating a law schools attrition rate in terms of academic difficulty. Moreover, law programs would rather have candidates succeed, thatís part of the reason adcoms spend quite a bit of time assessing applicant merit and potential. More to the point, they investigate to make sure they perceive some JD-entelechy before admitting applicants into the program.  :)

lawrenc967

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2006, 02:33:07 AM »
Another spot should be opening up real soon.... i'm withdrawing tomorrow.

dbgirl

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2006, 03:52:10 AM »
Good to see that a "Hastings" thread has started. I'll be starting this Fall. I live in Oakland at the moment and will commute to campus. Where does everyone else intend to live? Anyone else traveling from the East Bay? If so, maybe we can carpool.
Hey NH.
I live in Oakland, I will be a 2L next year. There's lots of Oaklanders @ Hastings.
When you have somebody dying because they are poor and black or poor and white or because of whatever they are ... that erases everything that's great about this country.

-TMcGraw

http://www.wm3.org/splash.php