Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: uva status change...  (Read 427 times)

clairel

• Sr. Citizen
  • UChicago 3L
    • View Profile
    • Email
uva status change...
« on: January 20, 2006, 10:26:47 PM »
so it appears i have joined the ranks of thumb-twiddlers who have had a decision made at uva, but still don't know what it is (email dated today, 1/20). cross your fingers for me; uva would probably be my top choice over duke and possibly michigan.

speaking of which, am i crazy/delusional to be expecting a boalt hall acceptance? people with lower stats than me (168/3.96, CA resident) have already gotten in. is it safe for me to count on (ok, maybe not 100% chance, but like 60%-75%)?   

MalReyn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: uva status change...
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2006, 10:34:37 PM »
Ditto.

Status changed to a decision has been made some time this afternoon (I checked in the morning and it was still just complete).

Now the wait. Sigh. I think we both have a good shot, so we'll see.

Best of luck to you!

clairel

• Sr. Citizen
  • UChicago 3L
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2006, 10:40:16 PM »
ooooh good luck. i'm glad someone else is in the harrowing process of waiting (i mean, glad as in having someone to commiserate with, not as in yay, you have to wait for a decision)! i live in california, so i'm afraid you might hear before me.....but i'm sure it's only the first of many acceptances you'll be getting!

MalReyn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2006, 10:43:00 PM »
Thanks for the kind words. I'm not quite as optimistic as you, I got my applications in pretty late in the cycle (around New Year's). But I suppose the quick turnaround with UVA is probably a good sign.

Honestly I'm not sure about hearing before you. My school's post office system tends to hold up letters (sometimes for weeks). I'll probably end up calling like they recommend after ten days...   :-\

I think this is made infinitely worse for me due to the fact I haven't heard any decisions from schools yet. UVA will be the first. You're lucky, you know you have some damn good schools to choose from regardless!

clairel

• Sr. Citizen
  • UChicago 3L
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2006, 12:05:47 AM »
Thanks for the kind words. I'm not quite as optimistic as you, I got my applications in pretty late in the cycle (around New Year's). But I suppose the quick turnaround with UVA is probably a good sign.

Honestly I'm not sure about hearing before you. My school's post office system tends to hold up letters (sometimes for weeks). I'll probably end up calling like they recommend after ten days...   :-\

I think this is made infinitely worse for me due to the fact I haven't heard any decisions from schools yet. UVA will be the first. You're lucky, you know you have some damn good schools to choose from regardless!

still, i think your stats are good.

i've been complete at uva for a while now (maybe since the end of november/beginning of december). but i feel that my chances are good based on my record so far. how high is uva on your list? obviously, you will have other options, but still, that first acceptance is really nice.

rfsmith

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2006, 01:03:08 AM »
Just so you know, I also received a status change update today and then got a phone call from Dean Trujillo.  I got in, so I'm assuming that since you heard back at the same time, you're both in.  Congratulations!

MalReyn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2006, 02:36:05 AM »

i've been complete at uva for a while now (maybe since the end of november/beginning of december). but i feel that my chances are good based on my record so far. how high is uva on your list? obviously, you will have other options, but still, that first acceptance is really nice.

Pretty high. I still have the pipedreams of Yale and Harvard above it, but after that I'm not sure.

elererah

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2006, 05:11:21 AM »
my status changed too!!

MalReyn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2006, 11:25:23 AM »
Just so you know, I also received a status change update today and then got a phone call from Dean Trujillo.  I got in, so I'm assuming that since you heard back at the same time, you're both in.  Congratulations!

Damn, I'm not that lucky. It'd be nice to get a call to confirm.

Congrats!

PHSextemp

• AOL Instant Messenger - PHSextemp
    • View Profile
    • My blog
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2006, 11:29:00 AM »
I hate all of you, you especially Claire :) UVa is probably one of my top choices, and just won't give me the time of day lately.  But I'm sure you all are fine, one of my good friends here at USC got the same notification and was fretting over what it meant for a couple of days, and then he got in so I'm sure it's good news all around.
3.95/168  ATTENDING NYU!!!
In: Berkeley, Washington/Lee ($$$), UNC ($$), NYU
Waitlisted: Michigan, Chicago, UVa
Given the boot: Yale
Pending: Duke
http://nyuseejd.blogspot.com