Law School Discussion

Who's going to Washington University at St. Louis Admitted Students Day?

joespecial

I wish they'd have a Waitlisted Students' Day. They could rent a room for 2 hours and just put in a videotape. They could have one giant bowl of popcorn that we could all share. Then at the end an email address would flash on the screen for if we had any questions.

allyreese

HA - after disappearing from the board for many moons, I thought I'd pop back in to see if anyone was going to Wash U's admitted student's day and lo, there's a whole thread dedicated to the topic, ha, I knew LSD wouldn't let me down...

back to the topic at hand - I'm going to the Thursday night thing and the Friday stuff (including the bus tour I think, although i might back out of that later since i know the area pretty well) - I also don't really know what to do about clothes, my friend says I should dress "real poor" so they feel sorry for me and offer me more financial aid...

Oh, and if you need a parking pass they said you could either call them or stop by that morning and get one...

allyreese

Ally!!!  Where have you BEEN!?

I had just gotten so damned addicted to the LSD that I didn't even realize how it had changed me... until I woke up one day on a Chicago-bound plane covered with a colorful mixture of spit, snot, urine, vomit and blood. Wanted by authorities in three states, with no money or ID, my face mangled and missing four front teeth, I was on a steep descent from a dark marathon of message board abuse. My stunned family checked me into a famed Minnesota treatment center where a doctor promised "she will be a lawyer within a few years if she starts to use again..." - but here i am anyway, i couldn't last, i'm bored out of my mind and i wanted to know who was going to be at WUSTL next Friday...

ps. nice to see you all again :)

TomServo

• We are our own photographer!
    • ICQ Messenger - 814749
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=TomServo
Yeah, Ally... I jumped ship too, and came back for the same reason.  I'm still finishing my UG, working a couple jobs, moving... I simply lost the desire to post on a message board all day.  It is nice to see some familiar faces flying around, though.

I'm thinking about wearing a CSUN t-shirt (my alma mater) so folks will recognize me... since I'm the only person in history to go to WashU from CSUN.  Hehehe.  Secretly, I think most WashU wannabes from Cali end up wandering around Seattle or Tacoma, struggling to find Washington University.  My aunt (in Ohio) sent me a sad e-mail to the effect of "I had hoped you'd come closer to Ohio, but Washington is nice."  The funny thing... she works for University of Dayton.  Anyhow, I'll probably end up dressing pretty nice- I don't want Mary Ann and the admissions folks to think twice about taking me.

allyreese

after careful consideration of the clothing issue - i've decided that this Thursday thing isn't going to be too stuffy, it's in the library, so i'm going with skirt/blouse -Friday i'm still thinking about, would jeans and a sweater be too casual?  Maybe khakis...

and it strikes me that i'll need 2 parking passes for the two days... just in case anyone else hadn't thought of that, i guess i'm going to have to call them or something.

TomServo

• We are our own photographer!
    • ICQ Messenger - 814749
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=TomServo
Do we really need a pass for the evening thing?

Grumble grumble.  >:(  Oh yeah, I do still live in the Valley... haven't graduated from UG yet, so I'm stuck here until I finish my final 6 units... ballroom dancing with Matt Leinart (not Really, but I could do worse).

I'm feeling left out because I can't go to the Women's Law Caucaus breakfast.  <sniff>

bimmer sooner

I think there's only one pass because they probably don't enforce as heavily or at all at night. I'm sure that they don't want our first experience with the school to be a parking ticket. My pass came in the little ziploc thing in the binder. 

I've received a couple of emails and a postcard about the event. I quickly RSVPed the first one, but received no response with confirmation.  Actually, being kind of overly concerned about missing out, I RSVPed the second email just to be sure. I don't think they'll turn anyone away or anything if you haven't received it.  This is where they'll be trying to sell the law school to us. We sold ourselves on our applications and I for one will enjoy the reversal.

With that in mind, I'm not going to dress up too much for the events...prolly jeans and button down shirts both days. Well, ok I'll abandon the sneakers for some decent shoes. Oh yeah, and I'm bringing my fleece. It's going to be pretty cold with some snow maybe on thursday.

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USMO0787?from=search_10day

allyreese

the parking pass is a blue thing that hangs from your rearview mirror - i think it was stuck into a clear plastic thing at the front of stuff inside the binder- it has that lottery ticket stuff that you scratch off to show the date that you're parking - i wouldn't worry about the law school caring about it much, but they share a very desirable parking lot with the athletic complex and a bunch of frats, and WUPD can be pretty thorough about tickets in general - but i bet if you get one you can give Mary Ann and the gang a call abotu it and they'll sort it out for you...

ps - i know a guy who just collected them throughout his undergrad, never paid a cent, until he wanted to graduate, and he got a bill for all of them at once - and i laughed at him - hee hee

Steph - are you going to the women's brunch thing?  I just RSVPd - i hope it's not too late

allyreese

i think we should dress like our avatars... you can carry around a papaya tree steph...

bimmer sooner

i think we should dress like our avatars... you can carry around a papaya tree steph...
I think they'd UN-admit me if I pulled something like that!

I'm staying downtown at the Hilton Pavilion hotel right near the baseball stadium.  I visited a wustl student who had a pretty awesome loft downtown and it's not too far from the school.  I think that's where I'd try to live if I went there.  If anyone's looking for a good hotel deal, I got it for two nights on hotwire for like 102 including taxes. Parking's a little pricey...I think 15 a day, but the total cost is still very reasonable.