Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Scholarship Chances?  (Read 1005 times)

wombat

• View Profile
    • Email
Scholarship Chances?
« on: January 20, 2006, 08:12:24 PM »
Anyone have any idea what sort of numbers it takes to get a scholarship to the University of Memphis (especially a full scholarship?)  My numbers are 167 LSAT, 3.89 undergrad GPA, 4.0 graduate GPA, strong personal statement, ok letters, lots of extracurriculur type things.  Vice-chairman of the Shelby County Democratic party, teacher, coach, sunday school teacher, and others.  Any thoughts on the chances would be great.  Thanks so much.

segundo

• Sr. Citizen
  • Red Sox- Still champs!
    • View Profile
Re: Scholarship Chances?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2006, 01:15:43 PM »
Anyone have any idea what sort of numbers it takes to get a scholarship to the University of Memphis (especially a full scholarship?)  My numbers are 167 LSAT, 3.89 undergrad GPA, 4.0 graduate GPA, strong personal statement, ok letters, lots of extracurriculur type things.  Vice-chairman of the Shelby County Democratic party, teacher, coach, sunday school teacher, and others.  Any thoughts on the chances would be great.  Thanks so much.

Considering that Memphis 75% LSAT is 158, I would say you have about a 99% chance of getting a full ride unless you fuucked the Dean's daughter. If you want to be in that area, you should also apply to Tenn (you are a lock) and Vandy (for fun).
BC class of 06'
-----------------
3.4 G.P.A.
162 (June)
166 (October)

Attending Fall 2006: Wake Forest

chrisfield

• Sr. Citizen
  • Texas Tech ---> Fall 2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2006, 01:17:57 PM »
Vandy for fun?  The OP would be above the median LSAT and above the 75%GPA at Vandy.

segundo

• Sr. Citizen
  • Red Sox- Still champs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2006, 01:19:49 PM »
Vandy for fun?  The OP would be above the median LSAT and above the 75%GPA at Vandy.

I agree. I didn't want to get said posters hopes too high without knowing anything else about them.
BC class of 06'
-----------------
3.4 G.P.A.
162 (June)
166 (October)

Attending Fall 2006: Wake Forest

wombat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2006, 09:58:06 PM »
Dang.  That dean's daughter thing always screws me.  Seriously though, thanks.  I do want to stay in the area, but I actually don't want to even leave Memphis for a number of reasons (wife, house, church, politics, etc.)  Memphis has a really strong reputation in this area and since I will practice here anyways I'd rather not leave. 

Tulane1L

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2006, 10:01:10 PM »
Enjoy free law school!

wombat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2006, 06:05:18 PM »
I got the full ride!!!  Thanks for the help!

azdezza

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2006, 06:14:07 PM »
Congrats!!