Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: I am Convinced I'm not going 2 school 06  (Read 3182 times)

Coreysmommy

• View Profile
I am Convinced I'm not going 2 school 06
« on: January 20, 2006, 05:53:57 PM »
Ok so I made a dumb mistake by applying to schools before I recieved my LSAT score. That's only because I was scoring high on my diagnostic and didn't want to wait until January to apply. Well with my score of a 139 I have no hope of getting into any of the law schools I applied for. I am going to retake Testmasters and just wait for June. I'm so depressed. 

pinkybella

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: I am Convinced I'm not going 2 school 06
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2006, 06:02:18 PM »
I am so sorry hun. But keep your head up and don't lose hope. If law is your passion and you truly want to be a lawyer, it doesn't matter how much time it takes you to get there.

Take the LSAT again, and I'm sure if you get a 160+, most schools will completely ignore your first score.

thelynifer

• Sr. Citizen
  • It's not as easy as it looks.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - LYN581
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2006, 09:07:39 PM »
Hey I'm really am sorry too. I can't imagine how you must feel. I felt like I was going to die when I got a 156 in Oct. But why not send your schools an addendum explaining that this score is in no way representative of your ability and then take it again in Feb. Ask them to please hold your apps until you get your Feb. scores. That's what I would do. I know its late in the cycle but its not the end of the world. Most schools have March 1st deadlines. You're Feb. scores will come out a week before that. Good luck though I hope everything works out!

christylove

• If you do not look, you will never see.
    • MSN Messenger - trulve@msn.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2006, 09:42:00 PM »
Don't feel bad, I made a 135 and I did not study at all. Now here I am all set toake it again and not even breaking pass a 144. I did however get into FAMU. But I am very cautios for many reasons one being they will not tall me how much I am able to qualify for in student aid until I send in the seat deposit. Oh and incidentally, my son's name is Corey too.

Ok so I made a dumb mistake by applying to schools before I recieved my LSAT score. That's only because I was scoring high on my diagnostic and didn't want to wait until January to apply. Well with my score of a 139 I have no hope of getting into any of the law schools I applied for. I am going to retake Testmasters and just wait for June. I'm so depressed. 
ChristyLove

riaroso

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2006, 01:07:26 AM »
Just as an option:  maybe apply to some non-ABA schools or state-BA-approved schools if you don't want to take chances for the next year.  There are three states (including California) which have their own state BA approval.  What it gives you:  you can still get a great education, for example one school that I have already been accepted to has a better BAR-passing rate for the first time takers than MOST of ABA Tier 2 schools as well as some Tier 1!!!  So you get a great education without having to wait for your next LSAT.  They will take you based on your academic record, your PS and your LR's.  You can practice in Cali for a few years and then take the BAR in almost any other state, they will let you and practice there.  Check which other states also do that... maybe it's the best solution for you. 

I have this Cali-BA approved school as a back up.  If I don't do well on the LSAT this summer, that's where I'm gonna go this Fall!

Make it a win-win situation for yourself and don't be depressed! :)

JoeGibbsRedskins

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2006, 08:49:08 PM »
this has to be a bogus thread. You can not score a 139 after completing a prep course. Unless u did none of the work in the books they give you. And prep courses do not just give u one test. They give u like 4.

JoeGibbsRedskins

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2006, 07:34:15 PM »
this has to be a bogus thread. You can not score a 139 after completing a prep course. Unless u did none of the work in the books they give you. And prep courses do not just give u one test. They give u like 4.

Of course you can. The LSAT, as much as it can be learned, is skill and intelligence dependent. I will never get a 180 because I'm simply not intelligent enough.

You may be right. Some people in my class ask the same questions. And get the same problems wrong again and again.
12% of the test takers score a 139 or below. 12% score a 162 or above. It's called a curve for a reason.

Coreysmommy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2006, 07:06:43 PM »
It can happen because it did. Nothing is impossible and anything is possible buddy.

JoeGibbsRedskins

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2006, 01:36:49 PM »
well if u take 20 pratice LSAT Test.  You should know what score u will be around.

If you take only  1 or two test i guess anything can happen since u do not know your true level.