Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: more than 6 schools (FAFSA related)  (Read 3085 times)

Law2k6

• Sr. Citizen
  • U.Va. Law, J.D. 2009
    • View Profile
Re: more than 6 schools (FAFSA related)
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2006, 04:00:13 AM »
The 4th option does work.  I know that because I sent my fafsa to 17 of the 20 schools I've applied to.  USC was in the second group of schools that I sent to the FAFSA (the first "correction") and the USC site indicates that they received my FAFSA the same day that I did the secound round of corrections, which makes since because that was the day that I got the email back saying that my first corrections had been processed.  Also, Wisconsin sent me an email (they were in the first batch, pre-corrections) that they received my FAFSA.  I have no confirmation yet that those in the 3rd group/second corrections have gotten their ppwk yet, but since it worked the first and second time, there's no reason to assume that the third was problematic.

And doing the FAFSA and two rounds of corrections only took about a week -- so I don't know what this whole thing about taking weeks to get it all done is all about.

Thanks! That's what I wanted to know. I e-mailed UVA to check on the status with them, but they weren't very clear. (Haven't gotten a chance to call other schools.)
U.Va. Law, J.D. 2009

Barney

• Sr. Citizen
  • 1L who should have better things to do
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2006, 02:04:38 PM »
This process is driving me insane. Thanks for all the help, folks.

(I'm just tagging this so I can come back for those instructions).

corbabe

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2006, 04:15:24 PM »
jsut wanted to join the thread it seems very useful

moonchigger

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2006, 10:44:58 AM »
So I filled out the FAFSA on the web weeks ago, but now I'm freaking out that maybe the schools didn't actually get the info.  So now I'm printing out my SAR and am going to mail a copy also so it gets there before most of the March 1 deadlines.  There are a couple of schools like Texas and Denver that say "DO NOT MAIL YOUR SAR".  Do you think it will really matter if I mail it in to them.  The last thing I want is for them to say, you get no money because we didn't get your FAFSA.

jeb240

« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2006, 10:50:29 AM »
So I filled out the FAFSA on the web weeks ago, but now I'm freaking out that maybe the schools didn't actually get the info.  So now I'm printing out my SAR and am going to mail a copy also so it gets there before most of the March 1 deadlines.  There are a couple of schools like Texas and Denver that say "DO NOT MAIL YOUR SAR".  Do you think it will really matter if I mail it in to them.  The last thing I want is for them to say, you get no money because we didn't get your FAFSA.

1.  They probably got it.
2.  I was able to check on some of my schools' sites and found out that they received them, and I assume that if one in any group of six received it, then the whole group of six received it (I had 3 groups of six).
3.  Why not try calling first?  I'm sure they'd be happy to say if they received your FAFSA than to have yet one more piece of paperwork to put in your file that they may already have.

Law2k6

• Sr. Citizen
  • U.Va. Law, J.D. 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2006, 12:57:55 AM »
Well my schools say they can't actually confirm until they start the process in March. But, they said that as long as I have the SAR showing their school it's fine. Duke even said "especially if it's on the first SAR, those get sent to us automatically." I'm not exactly sure what that means. But UVA and Duke both indicated that it'd be there waiting for them when they check. Why can't they check now?
U.Va. Law, J.D. 2009

cyberrev

« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2006, 09:39:58 AM »
Well my schools say they can't actually confirm until they start the process in March. But, they said that as long as I have the SAR showing their school it's fine. Duke even said "especially if it's on the first SAR, those get sent to us automatically." I'm not exactly sure what that means. But UVA and Duke both indicated that it'd be there waiting for them when they check. Why can't they check now?

agreed.  some schools told me 'they wont pull for two more weeks'

well, guess what, you wont be on the SAR in two more weeks, because i have other schools to send it to. 

nesnut

• Sr. Citizen
  • Law School is thiiiiiiiis big!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2006, 11:53:30 PM »
I just filed the FAFSA, but if it really takes 1 week for the SAR to be ready, does that mean I'm screwed out of sending it to the other schools that need it?  The deadlines are all March 1, and if it really takes that long, I'm screwed
- P-dub Club: Minister of Entertainment & Recreation
 - Keeper of the Konami Code
 - Co-Founder & Supreme Chancellor: Kick Ass 80s Law Firm: The Law Offices of KTJA & Nesnut,  APC
 - Official Rant-Master of LSD
 - Head of Harem (per Lily)
 - Official Purveyor of Soup of the Revolution

jeb240

« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2006, 02:20:28 AM »
I just filed the FAFSA, but if it really takes 1 week for the SAR to be ready, does that mean I'm screwed out of sending it to the other schools that need it?  The deadlines are all March 1, and if it really takes that long, I'm screwed

Uhm, it's never taken a week for me.  I filed the FAFSA and two corrections (I had a lot of schools) and the whole thing took just a little over a week.  I imagine you'll probably be fine.