Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: High Diagnostic-->Bomb real test?  (Read 19683 times)

amygem

• View Profile
High Diagnostic-->Bomb real test?
« on: January 20, 2006, 02:03:16 PM »
Does this ever happen? You get a fairly high score on a diagnostic test, or even repeated practice tests, and then bomb the real thing?

Mr Shears

Re: High Diagnostic-->Bomb real test?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2006, 05:28:41 PM »
This is exactly the situation of which I am terried.

Mr Shears

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2006, 06:35:56 PM »
Frick.

as436

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2006, 07:12:41 PM »
october cancel --> 177 kaplan diagnostic --> 168 december lsat
ann arbor or palo alto next year.. cu in school biatches

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=as436

http://cornell.facebook.com/profile.php?id=403139 - send me a message if you are going to UMich next year

Mr Shears

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2006, 07:20:12 PM »
That sucks dude.

as436

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2006, 11:41:48 AM »
yea these new scales are ridiculous.. i got a 91 raw score proally would have been a 171-173 on an older test and i thought the test was harder than usual too
ann arbor or palo alto next year.. cu in school biatches

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=as436

http://cornell.facebook.com/profile.php?id=403139 - send me a message if you are going to UMich next year

"V"

• Sr. Citizen
  • Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2006, 01:42:32 AM »
I dropped 2 points from normal - and part of it was due to a 100 question lsat instead of a 101. It would have been a free question dammit!

But no, I came pretty near my testing, and since I hear scales are getting tougher, a 2 point drop seems pretty acceptable.

tobias

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jaray02
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2006, 04:58:32 PM »
Hi,

My practice tests had been in the range of 163-167. I took the test, completely panicked on the first section and actually had time issues that I had NEVER had before on two of the sections. I completely forgot every game strategy that I had painstakingly learned and ended up staring at two of the games like an idiot for at least five minutes apiece, then guessing (and not guessing too brilliantly either - I should have found the fact that I did not get a single "A" suspicious  ::)) I agonized for nine days over whether or not to cancel my score, and then for the next two weeks was sure I had made the wrong decision. I ended up with a 161 which was better than the sub 155 (or even 150) score I was anticipating, but I know I could have been in my range if I hadn't let nerves get the better of me. Anyway, point being I think nerves probably affect a lot of people who end up dropping and I'm not sure of any specific techniques, but  learning how to stay cool and collected is more important than I thought (because I foolishly thought, that's how I normally am, why should the morning of Dec 5 be different from any other morning...IT IS), so keep that it mind. Good luck!

Mr Shears

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2006, 10:22:01 PM »
Yeah, I have a big fear of getting freaked out before the exam.  When I have to do something real important on a day, I usually get real anxious the closer it gets, and then as soon as it starts I chill out.  Hopefully, that will happen and I'll be fine.

Kittyl30

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2006, 02:54:57 AM »
if it gives anyone hope, i am one of the few who scored higher than practice..by a few points which i think made a big difference..
she says she's tired of life
everybody's tired of something..