Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: High Diagnostic-->Bomb real test?  (Read 19763 times)

Prog

• View Profile
Re: High Diagnostic-->Bomb real test?
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2007, 11:07:41 AM »
You're kidding right? Here I am hating myself for getting 5 points less than my average prep test score.

:-\

aaoch1

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2007, 09:51:04 PM »
I did 3 points better than my best practice LSAT, but a friend of mine dropped like 11 points from his average practice score. I don't think that mental state can be emphasized enough. I don't get nervous for exams, he does. If you tend to get nervous, then I would definitely use the strategies mentioned by other people. I never even thought of taking practice tests in the actual test location! Good luck everyone!

bloomlaw

• Sr. Citizen
  • Welcome to the Monkey House
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2007, 01:50:51 AM »
159 on the diagnostic... over 163 from then on, peaking at a 175 with a range of 167-173... 161 on Test day... AAH..

now i'm restudying, in the exact same range.. hope it doesn't have the same result

. . . . . .

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2007, 02:01:59 AM »
I went from high 160s, low 170s to 157.

!закон и право!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2008, 04:08:56 PM »
Hey everyone. For all of you who scored well, how many PTs would you say you had to take before reachin your "peak"? (i.e. your highest diag score before the real LSAT). And distributed over how many months/weeks?

penni_rose

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2009, 10:13:25 AM »
My highest score was my first practice test, no joke. I took my first practice test without ever studying and got a 168. My other practice tests ranged from 163-167. I got a 167 on test day. I was pretty happy with it, but I had hoped all the studying would bring my score up from the first test.

zippyandzap

• Sr. Citizen
  • Clint Dempsey FTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2009, 11:11:55 AM »
i was averaging in the low 170s.. mid 170s towards the end.. got a 168 at the end.. i wasnt happy even if thats a solid score... its all relative

I feel for you... I was consistently 171-172 until my last 3 practice tests which were 173, 175, 174.  I scored a 167.  When people asked how I did I generally told them that I didn't score as well as I would have liked, without telling them the actual number.  Anyway, if it makes you feel any better, I scored much higher my 2nd time.

dreameca

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2009, 05:50:38 PM »
yea you really shouldnt be nervous taking the LSAT. its a test where being nervous is detrimental to ur score. i blanked out on my logic games section too. and please remember, every section is a new start. first time i took LSAT, i was freaked out by the second section, which turned out to be the experimental section, and i dropped the score. u see a weird section.... let it go~ its probably the experimental. what could really hurt u is to let that kill ur confidence. =] goodluck!

hopeful juris

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2010, 02:32:58 AM »
I did 3 points better than my best practice LSAT, but a friend of mine dropped like 11 points from his average practice score. I don't think that mental state can be emphasized enough. I don't get nervous for exams, he does. If you tend to get nervous, then I would definitely use the strategies mentioned by other people. I never even thought of taking practice tests in the actual test location! Good luck everyone!

Wow I think taking the exam in the testing center is the perfect resolution to my problem since I drop like 20 points on my actual exam. I originally planned to take the exam at home in NYC but I'l take it at my school here at Drexel, so I can feel comfortable. There's no way to find out like what room the actual exam is going to be held in right?

catimini

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2010, 09:38:36 PM »
This is exactly what happened to me. I always scored between 167 and 172, went even as far as 178, but then I got 163 on the real test. I took it again and felt worse than after the first, so I had to cancel it. I took it this Feb for the last time, and I am expecting a higher score than the first two. For me, I think the first section made the difference. It's important that you do the first one without panicking. Another thing is that my expectation became much lower before the exam, thus the lower level of stress. But you should also know that my case is definitely exceptional. A great majority of the people I asked told me they got what they expected or even better. I guess I'm a pressure-prone person.