Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: High Diagnostic-->Bomb real test?  (Read 19435 times)

Karl Pilkington

• Sr. Citizen
  • Only Ricky and Steve know my secret identity.
    • View Profile
Re: High Diagnostic-->Bomb real test?
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2006, 11:38:40 AM »
My preptest average was 170, and the highest I scored was 174, which was my last practice before the Oct. test. I ended up with 173 on the real thing.

latinlord

• Sr. Citizen
  • ME... Litigating at the Indiana State Court house!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - latinlord
    • View Profile
    • myspace profile, "come and say hello"
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2006, 08:09:42 PM »
I was scoring in the low 150's before I took the test. The more exams I took the better the score got. I think if I had more time I could have done better. I always had time issues on the exam just as I did on the real thing. The thing that got me the most was my nerves. The only enemy is truly yourself when it comes to things like this. Oh yea as you all probibly know I ended up with a 144 and that was the second time I took that exam. My first score was rediculous in the 130's.  :P :o :-\
Graduated from Indiana Law - Indianapolis!!
Was a 3rd year Visiting Student at Villanova University School of Law.
Graduated from Temple University Beasley School of Law - LL.M in Trial Advocacy Candidate 2010
 Published by Chicano/Latino Law Review of UCLA LAW. & I'm a Licensed Esq. NOW!

plaintext

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2006, 08:30:13 PM »
about 10-15 points lower than the diagnostic averages (was coming out of a cold, but not quite there) ..  about 8-12 points lower than a likely score I cancelled.

moral of the story... don't be a feminine hygiene product like me.. only cancel if you *bomb* and not because you did slightly worse.  anyway, i have a soft spot in my heart for others with lsat pain  :D

laurrk

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2006, 09:25:14 PM »
I took about 28 practice tests over a three month period before the real thing. One of the reasons I took so many practice tests was to ensure that I felt completely prepared and did not bomb the real thing due to nerves.

Over that three month time period I worked through PowerScore's Logic Games Bible and their Logical Reasoning book. My scores went from the 161-164 range up to 170-174 range near the end. In the end I got a 168, which was basically my median/mean (the two were very close) from the last ten or so practice tests that I took. And yes, I am a geek for crunching those numbers. But the point is, while I did not do as well as my best practice tests, a large number of practice tests did predict my actual score.

One other thing, the night before the real test my neighbors had a wild party and I was both unable to get to sleep when I wanted to (early) and unable to sleep through (they woke me up around 4AM). So I went to the test feeling very sleep-deprived.  During the test I was sure that I bombed it, particularly the logical reasoning portion, which I barely finished in time. I think that having done so much practice was vey helpful to me in my sleep-deprived state. So I would recommend to others that they take as many practice tests as necessary to feel very, very confident going in, and so that they are not thrown off by something like a poor night's sleep the night before. Just my two cents.

Mr. Pink

• LSD Obsessed
  • @#!* YOU! @#!* YOU! I'M f-in' DYING HERE! I'M FU
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2006, 09:47:56 PM »
168 isnt BOMBING the test.  I you had gotten less than 162 after testing as high as 174, I would understand.
Mr. White: Smoke?
Mr. Pink: I quit.
[later]
Mr. Pink: What, you got one?

laurrk

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2006, 09:53:59 PM »
168 isnt BOMBING the test.  I you had gotten less than 162 after testing as high as 174, I would understand.

I was very happy with my score. I never expected to do as well on the real thing as on my highest practice test.

as436

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2006, 10:08:46 PM »
i was averaging in the low 170s.. mid 170s towards the end.. got a 168 at the end.. i wasnt happy even if thats a solid score... its all relative
ann arbor or palo alto next year.. cu in school biatches

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=as436

http://cornell.facebook.com/profile.php?id=403139 - send me a message if you are going to UMich next year

Lionel Hutz

• Sr. Citizen
  • aka Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
    • smarter
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2006, 11:23:42 PM »
i was averaging in the low 170s.. mid 170s towards the end.. got a 168 at the end.. i wasnt happy even if thats a solid score... its all relative

Yep. People won't give you much sympathy, though. No one seems to get why I was let down by my score.

I peaked at 173 and averaged 169. I ended up with a 166.
Don't touch my stuff!...Hey this isn't the YMCA!

SJU 09

as436

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2006, 01:39:47 AM »
yea... and the difference between a 168 and a 173 is soo big in terms of admissions.. even between a 168 and 169.. bet u i dont get rejected from u of c or uva with a 169
ann arbor or palo alto next year.. cu in school biatches

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=as436

http://cornell.facebook.com/profile.php?id=403139 - send me a message if you are going to UMich next year

Lionel Hutz

• Sr. Citizen
  • aka Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
    • smarter
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2006, 10:24:18 AM »
In terms of admits and scholarship $$$!

And I really needed the lsat to offset a hideous GPA.
Don't touch my stuff!...Hey this isn't the YMCA!

SJU 09