Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: High Diagnostic-->Bomb real test?  (Read 19236 times)

Sweet Tea

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: High Diagnostic-->Bomb real test?
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2006, 12:00:46 PM »
I got a 163 on a diagnostic.

I took about 3 more practice tests and went way up from the 163.

After a night with no sleep working on a conference I was presenting that weekend + awful testing conditions + me just not seeing the answer to a logic game, I got a 164.

There are some things you can control -- how prepared you are is one and not having ANY other commitments for the two weeks around the LSAT. And some things you just can't (say, a full marching band parade marching by the building during logic games because a school decided to host the LSAT on their Homecoming?).  Oh well. :)

Attending The George Washington University School of Law, class of 2009 :)

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=BenFolds5

laurrk

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2006, 12:47:57 PM »
And some things you just can't (say, a full marching band parade marching by the building during logic games because a school decided to host the LSAT on their Homecoming?).  Oh well.

Did this really happen to you?

Sweet Tea

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2006, 12:58:20 PM »
N.C. Central.

HBCUs take Homecoming very seriously.
Attending The George Washington University School of Law, class of 2009 :)

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=BenFolds5

UGAfootballfanatic

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2006, 03:09:49 PM »
Averaged 169 on last 10 practice tests, 160 on the real thing. bombed the RC section which was my first section (literally missed half) and had forgotten how bad it was and rationalized myself into keeping the score rather than cancelling. Doh. Too lazy to retest.

Kittyl30

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2006, 06:37:24 AM »
wow...168 and going to syracuse. im impressed
she says she's tired of life
everybody's tired of something..

as436

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2006, 10:06:55 PM »
wow...168 and going to syracuse. im impressed

why do that to yourself... cornell is 45 minutes away
ann arbor or palo alto next year.. cu in school biatches

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=as436

http://cornell.facebook.com/profile.php?id=403139 - send me a message if you are going to UMich next year

some weird girl

• Sr. Citizen
  • Hobbs I object!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - icyandcoldgirl
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2006, 10:29:39 PM »
I scored a 170 on practice and a 164 on the real thing, I think test day anxiety had a lot to do with it. I'm really thinking about taking the test again.
"The longer we dwell on our misfortunes the greater is their power to harm us." Voltaire

Officer Rod Farva

• Sr. Citizen
  • FARVA #1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2006, 09:08:48 PM »
171 average (took 20+ tests), and 174 on test day.

I feel like I've said this a million times, but I'll say it again here. I went to the testing center and took a test a day everyday for a week up until the day before test day. I took only recent tests.

I saved the October '05 test until 3 days before the test. I knew October was a bear from all the reports I had heard about it. I went in there pretending like I was really taking the LSAT. I got nervous, lost my confidence, and scored a 162.

It was after that experience that I realized that my test performance was going to be linked more to my attitude than to my aptitude. I had prepped, my scores were usually consistent, and I felt like I knew the LSAT pretty well.

After the October test nightmare, I recognized that I had allowed myself to feel all the terror that many people feel on test day 3 days early. It was liberating. Having experienced that nervousness, I was able to let it go. On test day I was free to walk into the testing center with only one half-sharpened pencil, no timer, and a big smile on my face, knowing that I was mentally prepared.

I didn't come up with the above strategy. It came from an excellent LSAT instructor who has been reccomending this method for years. He showed me lots of written testimony regarding his advice, and it was all glowing praise for the method.

I can't reccomend it enough. It's simple and it makes sense. Own the room.

LSD saved my life.

rumcoke

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2007, 04:31:50 AM »
And some things you just can't (say, a full marching band parade marching by the building during logic games because a school decided to host the LSAT on their Homecoming?).  Oh well. :)

Hah, this happened to me too, though fortunately I couldn't really hear it too much in my testing centre.

dolemite01

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2007, 06:27:13 PM »
170s on diagnostic tests, 153 real score....
154 LSAT, 3.05 / 3.48 Degree, 27 with two kids, worked full time to support family, came from an extremely rough background that included poverty and first college graduate in family including extended...white male....