• AOL Instant Messenger - shellrae007
    • View Profile
    • Email
disturbing article about FSU
« on: January 20, 2006, 10:55:46 AM »

SCgrad

Re: disturbing article about FSU
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2006, 02:31:25 AM »
Who doesn't like a punchline about a woman's crotch?

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2006, 09:55:27 AM »
As someone who has had a lot of interaction with FSU Law, I would have to say that those claims are not representative of the school today.  If anything, I would say that FSU Law provides a better environment for minorities than other school.  FSU Law has been named one the top 10 of places for Hispanic students to attend.  Moreover, they have a month-long summer program (see the Summer for Undergraduates Program on their website) designed to give minorities an opportunity to experience what law school is like and receive helpful advice. 

I am not denying that those events happened--as I honestly have no idea--I am simply saying that it does not describe the school today.  The information is 10-15 years old, the dean mentioned no longer is there, and the site was created by Gator fans (see below).  I would not let this old news--if even credible--destroy your perception of this great school.  Visit and see for yourself.

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2006, 10:13:43 AM »
I think that FSU's reputation/environment has improved dramatically since that article was written.  It seems like they're really trying to get their rankings up and have a very diverse student population. I wouldn't be surprised if over time, FSU surpasses UF as the best LS in the state, because it seems like UF just gets its reputation because it doesn't accept anybody. With the class size at UF doubling now, that may change.

segundo

• Red Sox- Still champs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2006, 11:24:21 AM »

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2006, 12:39:41 PM »
http://www.afn.org/~afn54735/fsu980611a.html

it's from 1998, but still...

the article is from '98 and refers to a 'survey' from 1990.  pretty disturbing.