fsu?

*shell*

• FSU...@#!* *&^% up
    • AOL Instant Messenger - shellrae007
    • View Profile
    • Email
fsu?
« on: January 20, 2006, 10:52:44 AM »
um, this was written in 1998, but wow...
http://www.afn.org/~afn54735/fsu980611a.html

SplitFinger

• I'm a real pretend lawyer now!
    • View Profile
Re: fsu?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2006, 01:10:30 PM »
It seems like it's all basically about one professor.  Any idea if he's still even there?

*shell*

• FSU...@#!* *&^% up
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2006, 07:35:05 PM »
no idea...i googled fsu law to try to get some more info, since it's the only school i've been accepted to so far and I'm trying to get psyched up for it, and i stumbled across this...

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2006, 03:15:12 PM »
Well, D'Alemberte isn't the president of FSU anymore.  I have a hard time believing that all of that could be true in today's environment.

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2006, 06:49:17 PM »
I'm an Undergraduate at FSU, and all I can say is that currently the Law school is perceived as on the rise, and even underrated, and all the people I know there like it.

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2006, 06:57:05 PM »
FSU has an excellent reputation in Florida and is shooting up in the rankings. I think it's now considered one of the best (if not the best) law school for Hispanics. The faculty there is also very strong and I think they're trying hard to get a lot of out-of-state employers to recruit.  In general FSU is a HUGE party school and people generally tend to think it is a lot of fun, even law students! I am a Floridian but went to school in Indiana, so I don't have an innate preference for UF or FSU.

In other news, did anyone who sent the scholarship application in hear anything yet?

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2006, 12:30:38 PM »
Shellrae, I really wouldn't be concerened about a nearly 10 year old article. i'm not planning on going to FSU (it was one of my safeties) but it's a solid school and Florida will give you instate tuition after a year, which will keep your loan tab lower than comparable schools. It is IMO a little overrated by people simply because it has jumped in the rankings hte last couple years, but you can def get a job at graduation- it's not a bad place to be. That said, I hope you have a little more room (more acceptances) to make your FSU decision a little more difficult :)

*shell*

• FSU...@#!* *&^% up
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2006, 02:57:51 PM »
thanks uga, i hope so too!

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2006, 08:45:00 AM »
I got my scholarship notice today-- $4000 non-renewable for the first year. Too bad it's my safety- $5000 for the first year is so cheap!  Did anybody apply for the fellowship? I just filled out the generic scholarship application.

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2006, 09:13:49 AM »
I applied for the fellowship because I figured all they could do is say no.  Which they probably will.  How did you receive your notification?