Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Georgia State  (Read 1320 times)

bennybm

• View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
Re: Georgia State
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2006, 08:54:51 PM »
Commuting between the 2 is just generally a bad idea.  I live NE of Atlanta, and the traffic will be terrible.  I suggest if you need to go to school in Athens, you live there.  Apartments are cheap and you can see each other on weekends.  I am hoping to get into UGA and my wife will stay in Atlanta, thereby minimizing each of our commutes.  Traffic is terrible...  As stated earlier in this thread, I would not be surprised to have 2 hours each way for each of you.  I honestly suggest you get 2 different apartments and spend time together on weekends.

just my $0.02
In - GSU, UGA
Out - UF
Withdrawn - Memphis, Kentucky, South Carolina, Mercer, Samford, FSU

SplitFinger

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm a real pretend lawyer now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2006, 12:26:43 AM »
That's kinda what I figured.   Bummer, 'cause I would rather buy the nicer house farther out, but given that I will hardly be there (barring the unlikely event that Emory comes through with *extremely* good news), it's not so important what I think.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback y'all.
Emory '09

LSN

AtlantaSteve

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - SPerkinsManheim
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2006, 09:14:05 AM »
Our options are probably to buy a smaller, older house in Decatur or a newer, bigger house a bit farther out in Stone Mountain.

I go down to Decatur all the time, because I'm active in a meditation center and because the largest Quaker meeting in the area is down there.  You should buy a SHOEBOX in Decatur and still pay through the nose for it.  Decatur is the only blue-state speck of white neighborhood real estate in the ocean of red-state that is Georgia, so every affluent liberal in the entire state has moved there to build a little bohemian utopia for themeselves.  Given the political culture of the neighborhood, it is ironic (or perhaps not?) that they drove out the entire minority population by astronomically-raising real estate prices, and turned the "diverse liberal utopia" into the most whitebread neighborhood in the entire metro area.

Rant-mode off... you would definately get several times the house for your money by living out in Stone Mountain.  It wouldn't hurt your commute too bad (especially if you may be going to Athens), and on weekends and evenings you'd only be a few minutes away from any amenities you wanted in Decatur anyway.

wmroyal

• AOL Instant Messenger - williamrglenn
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2006, 09:28:44 AM »
GSU acceptance yesterday.  Thin white full-length letter-sized envelope.  No scholarship info.  I'm withdrawing, but I know that you wanted to know when news came.

Ummm ... 163/3.48 Ugrad Emory.  Applied Dec. 1.
TFM: Georgia, Wake Forest, Indiana-Bloomington, American, Emory, Georgia State
GDI: GWU, Georgetown, Vanderbilt

GPA/LSAT: 3.48/163