Re: $o, how much $$$ have you $pent ?
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2006, 12:20:03 AM »
LSAT:  115
LSAC:  100
Books: ~85
Hotel: 100
Apps:  400

Total: 800

Err for your 173 with only $85 worth of books.
(hotel?)

Yeah I got a hotel room for the night before the test to make sure it was quiet and I would get a good night's sleep :)

Yeah the only books I had were Superprep, 10 offical tests, and 10 more tests

I started studying at the start of June, cold diag at 159, studiest for ~3 weeks (practicing at ~177) and took the test

FossilJ

• Carbon-date THIS, biznitch!
    • View Profile
    • Cricket Rules!
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2006, 03:41:41 AM »
"Addicting
...is not an adjective! You can only say "The cocaine is addicting me." You cannot say "Cocaine is addicting." Cocaine is addicting what? AddictIVE is an adjective. "Cocaine is addictive." addictinggames.com is probably a misuse of the word, unless they're saying that the games are addicting people."

from http://www.stanford.edu/~grantp/grammar.html

ADDICTIVE.

Wrong... you can add "ing" onto pretty much any transitive verb (of which "addict" is one.)

Grammatical arguments are tedious. English as a language is a mess. There are more exceptions than there are rules. If you want to argue, focus on things that are more clear-cut than the English language, i.e. arguments that can actually be won.

To turn it into an adjective?  Show me some evidence.  It makes for difficult reading - it's grammatically poor. 

Whether the English language is a mess or not, there are still numerous grammatical standards that remain.  Are you going to tell me syntax is completely useless? 

Besides, I'll argue any damn thing I want.

redemption

« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2006, 07:45:07 AM »
Besides, I'll argue any damn thing I want.

That's the second time I've heard you say this sort of thing. Yes, of course - in one sense; not really (think bluewarrior, jg, mr incredible) in another. You know this - you're just being petulant.  ;)

basic

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2006, 08:49:35 AM »
Apps/LSDAS=1600
LSAT prep=400
 ::)

oof!

« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2006, 10:32:04 AM »
lsat prep-$1450(powerscore,other materials)
lsac/lsdas:$1400
Anna Ivey: $750
visits:$500-1000
=4100-4600

I had no idea how much this stuff really adds up. It has been spread out over 8 months, but talk about buyer's remorse.

good luck to all, and may the monetary compensation balance out someday.

"V"

• Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2006, 12:40:00 PM »
Hmmm, I haven't really thought about it. I don't have much money, so I've tended to scrape together the funds as things became necessary...

LSAT Books: ~$100 (worth every penny, before I nailed the LSAT law school wasn't an option)
LSAT fee AND LSDAS registration - What was it, like, 230ish?
Apps: $150 (I should never have applied to Seattle University, what the heck was I thinking?)

I'd say in the neighborhood of $500, which I really hadn't thought of until now. Thank heavens for loans and scholarships when it comes to tuition.

FossilJ

• Carbon-date THIS, biznitch!
    • View Profile
    • Cricket Rules!
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2006, 01:37:13 PM »
I thought that was pretty obvious from the way I phrased "Besides, I will argue any damn thing I want."   ;D

« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2006, 02:04:10 PM »
Between the LSAT class I took, study/application books, and 14 applications, I place it right around $2100 out of pocket...

« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2006, 07:45:56 PM »
one thing more valuable than the money i have spent has been all the time that I've wasted stressing out about where i'll get in.