693-Total

Yikes.

clairel

• UChicago 3L
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: $o, how much $$$ have you $pent ?
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2006, 10:39:19 PM »
um, am i the only idiot who seriously spent around $700 in application fees? it was close to that, even with waivers to santa clara, notre dame, and william and mary. then there was around $1200 for a testmasters course, $12 for each of the 17 reports i had sent, and money for "how to get into the best law school" and "law school confidential". thank god my parents paid for most of it (so i can get into a good school and they can guilt trip me into supporting them in their retirement).

vitaminwater

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2006, 10:44:19 PM »
about 3.5 grand. powerscore class. bibles. apps. transportation to interviews etc....

FossilJ

• Carbon-date THIS, biznitch!
    • View Profile
    • Cricket Rules!
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2006, 11:11:39 PM »
I've stopped calculating... but I know it's over $1000.

What scares me is how much $$ I'm going to have to spend moving to DC from SF (if I do do that.) Probably $2000 even if I try to be as cheap as possible.

Kittywar is addicting ::)

"Addicting
...is not an adjective! You can only say "The cocaine is addicting me." You cannot say "Cocaine is addicting." Cocaine is addicting what? AddictIVE is an adjective. "Cocaine is addictive." addictinggames.com is probably a misuse of the word, unless they're saying that the games are addicting people."

from http://www.stanford.edu/~grantp/grammar.html

ADDICTIVE.

aquafinaisbetter

« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2006, 11:33:40 PM »
about 3800 including apps and lsat course. 

Mr Shears

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2006, 11:45:02 PM »
I've stopped calculating... but I know it's over $1000.

What scares me is how much $$ I'm going to have to spend moving to DC from SF (if I do do that.) Probably $2000 even if I try to be as cheap as possible.

Kittywar is addicting ::)

"Addicting
...is not an adjective! You can only say "The cocaine is addicting me." You cannot say "Cocaine is addicting." Cocaine is addicting what? AddictIVE is an adjective. "Cocaine is addictive." addictinggames.com is probably a misuse of the word, unless they're saying that the games are addicting people."

ADDICTIVE.

I think maybe you have a little ADDICTION problem that you need to take care of.  :P

SkullTatt

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2006, 11:49:35 PM »
"Addicting

ADDICTIVE.

Wrong... you can add "ing" onto pretty much any transitive verb (of which "addict" is one.)

Grammatical arguments are tedious. English as a language is a mess. There are more exceptions than there are rules. If you want to argue, focus on things that are more clear-cut than the English language, i.e. arguments that can actually be won.

Mr Shears

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2006, 11:55:40 PM »
Vinyurdification (vin-YERD-if-eh-KAY-shon) - the process by which a vine and a yard are combined to create a vinyurd.

Mr Shears

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2006, 12:01:13 AM »
Vinyurdification (vin-YERD-if-eh-KAY-shon) - the process by which a vine and a yard are combined to create a vinyurd.

Wow, you really do learn something new everyday

Yup.  I thought everyone learned that in high school.