Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Tulane scholarship  (Read 1374 times)

legalGal

• View Profile
Tulane scholarship
« on: January 20, 2006, 10:40:09 AM »
After the acceptance email from Tulane, I got another one saying basically the same thing but also that information about my scholarship would be included. Did anyone else get this email? I'm wondering if I actually got a scholarship, or if they're just sending info about scholarships in general.

brinkmtf

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Tulane scholarship
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2006, 11:02:07 AM »
I got this email as well.  Based on last year's LSN, I'm a candidate for some scholarship $$ from them, but who knows.

legalGal

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2006, 11:06:22 AM »
Thanks. I hate waiting. btw, I live in New Orleans and most of it isn't as bad as what you see on the news. No one can go in the ninth ward, but who wants to go there anyway? The lake area is bad, but the area around Tulane looks pretty normal.

brinkmtf

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2006, 11:09:13 AM »
Yea, unfortunately, with my parents footing the bill (at least part of it) for law school, Tulane is probly not going to be where I attend, despite the fact that I think it might actually end up being the best fit for me.  They are very pessimistic about the situation, and my mom constantly refers to NO as "a sewage pit" or something like that.  Its too bad Katrina hit, otherwise I could have really seen myself at TU next fall.

thm2605

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2006, 11:39:29 AM »
I got that email as well.  I read it as it would include specific information about a forthcoming scholarship.  It definitely makes things much more interesting, since I have always wanted to go to Tulane but was really only considering GW pt or Georgia.

legalGal

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2006, 12:21:44 PM »
Right now Tulane is my first choice. I was also accepted to American, but I used to live in D.C. and am not sure I want to return to a city where everything is a shade of beige.

canthardlywait

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2006, 12:36:20 PM »
I was glad to see this thread... I actually just signed on to start this exact thread topic... I got the same email about the scholarship and I'm now stalking the mailman every afternoon.  I'm a 3.5/162 applicant which I thought gave me a decent shot at admission but a very slim shot at any money I hope it's enough to make their >$34k/yr regular tuition not so much of an issue.  Right now I'm looking at Univ of Florida (in-state) because of tuition purposes but hopefully this $$ will at least allow me to consider Tulane as well.  Did u get the Accepted Students Welcome website registration email?  I'll see you all on the discussion board there if so...

segundo

• Sr. Citizen
  • Red Sox- Still champs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2006, 01:26:49 PM »
Right now Tulane is my first choice. I was also accepted to American, but I used to live in D.C. and am not sure I want to return to a city where everything is a shade of beige.

I feel the same way about DC...
BC class of 06'
-----------------
3.4 G.P.A.
162 (June)
166 (October)

Attending Fall 2006: Wake Forest

legalGal

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2006, 03:03:53 PM »
Well, it looks like the email did mean an actual scholarship. I just got their package in the mail. Yippee.

thm2605

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2006, 03:25:47 PM »
Well, it looks like the email did mean an actual scholarship. I just got their package in the mail. Yippee.

How much did they offer?