Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Travel or Campus Activities???  (Read 1882 times)

dgatl

Re: Travel or Campus Activities???
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2004, 02:34:26 AM »

Eek, I'll keep that in mind.  Although I'd kinda be going for educational reasons; I want to learn what communism does to a country.  Does that count as educational, even if I just go with like my boyfriend or sister or something, neither of whom are students either?  Bush had his whole thing about Cuba a few months ago; he didn't want to change the rules, right?  Just enforce them better?

Bush did that to solidify his power base among the old-school hard-line Cuban vote in South Florida, which has always voted Republican.  Too bad the hardliners don't have that much influence on the young people, especially the ones that are SUPER PISSED about the new rules.  In fact, Bush may have screwed himself.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2004, 09:23:49 AM »
My parents can't wait to go to Cuba when the restrictions are finally lifted.  All the Europeans get to party and enjoy the beautiful beaches there, and they want to join in too!

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2004, 12:54:37 PM »

Eek, I'll keep that in mind.  Although I'd kinda be going for educational reasons; I want to learn what communism does to a country.  Does that count as educational, even if I just go with like my boyfriend or sister or something, neither of whom are students either?  Bush had his whole thing about Cuba a few months ago; he didn't want to change the rules, right?  Just enforce them better?

Bush did that to solidify his power base among the old-school hard-line Cuban vote in South Florida, which has always voted Republican.  Too bad the hardliners don't have that much influence on the young people, especially the ones that are SUPER PISSED about the new rules.  In fact, Bush may have screwed himself.

Excellent.  I like when Bush fucks himself.  :)  Although I really shouldn't open a political can of worms...  But too late.

My parents can't wait to go to Cuba when the restrictions are finally lifted. All the Europeans get to party and enjoy the beautiful beaches there, and they want to join in too!

That'll be awesome.  It might be a big cruise port too once it opens up, because when you look at Western Caribbean itineraries, they all kinda circle around Cuba.  In fact, I saw Cuba from our cruise ship, but it was in the middle of the night, so really I just saw some lights.  :)
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?

runner8

• At the Cape of Good Hope
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2004, 12:39:06 PM »
Every Jan. there are classes that take three week trips to various destinations.  Vietnam, South Africa, Cuba. They are expensive, but well worth the price. We had to get special permission to travel to Cuba and it was an entriely educational trip.  We did do a few nights of partying.  All inclusive hotels on a Cuban beach cannot be left undiscovered!
Accepted: Pitt, UK, Saint Louis (w/39K), Seton Hall(w/24K), Stetson (full ride), Maryland, Case Western
Rejected: BU

giffy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Mo
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2004, 10:47:13 AM »
I have travelled with him on a trip to Cuba and will travel again with him to South Africa this year. 

Cool, i too have been to Cuba and South Africa on study programs. Your going to love SA it is an incredible place. I would highly reccommend taking a road trip while your there. Namibia and Botswana are amazing countries with herds of wild elephants and vast deserts. SA also has penguins near cape town which are incredibly cute little critters, although a bit stinky. Also, what ever you do, make sure you go out into the townships. There is a sense of community there that is indescribable.

Scott