Law School Discussion

UChicago Hold

Re: UChicago Hold
« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2006, 08:01:33 PM »
I'm willing to be a lot of people are gonna be waiting for a while. My deadline to send in more stuff was just 3 days ago, so they probably wouldn't even be looking at it for a little while. That being said though I didn't end up sending them anything except my new grades.

« Reply #51 on: March 31, 2006, 10:08:58 AM »
I'm still waiting--my deadline to turn in extra materials was a month ago, and I sent extra grades and an essay. 

Not that I care much, I'm probably going to Michigan regardless.

« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2006, 12:54:57 PM »
bump...has anyone heard anything from Chicago post-deferral?

« Reply #53 on: April 07, 2006, 08:47:41 AM »
it looks like the first of the two ppl who were accepted post deferral last yr (on lsn) heard around now.... and it looks like a lot of rejections went out around mid-end of april.... maybe they are waiting to see their yield post financial aid packages?

good luck to everyone still waiting

« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2006, 08:39:10 AM »
I'm wondering, did any of you out there who got hold letters and/or waitlist notifications and/or rejections apply January or later, or do they just not bother to tell you you're on hold unless you applied ED?

When I emailed and asked for a status update, they said that my app had gone to committee on March 20 (over a month after my complete date), and that it can take up to 8 weeks after that to get a decision...so i guess they're on time as far as their own timeline goes! But it seems like, at this point, are they even bothering to look at applications anymore? I was impressed by the speed of their email response, though--they answered me in like 2 hours!

I wish now that I had spent more time on Chicago's app., like written more essays. It just took me so damn long to get a personal statement that i could even live with, let alone feel good about. Does anyone think it's worth writing an additional essay even if i haven't heard anything?

alexdn

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 10, 2006, 07:46:46 PM »
Yeah, I applied in January and got a hold letter.  My complete date is the last date on LSN for which they've given out decisions, and that was way back in January.  I suppose they can afford to be slow, though. 

But I'm withdrawing, so that's one less person to compete with, I guess. 

« Reply #56 on: April 10, 2006, 07:58:44 PM »
Yeah, I applied in January and got a hold letter.  My complete date is the last date on LSN for which they've given out decisions, and that was way back in January.  I suppose they can afford to be slow, though. 

But I'm withdrawing, so that's one less person to compete with, I guess. 

Well, it looks like you have a pretty decent alternative  :D

« Reply #57 on: April 11, 2006, 07:28:10 AM »
I'm wondering, did any of you out there who got hold letters and/or waitlist notifications and/or rejections apply January or later, or do they just not bother to tell you you're on hold unless you applied ED?

When I emailed and asked for a status update, they said that my app had gone to committee on March 20 (over a month after my complete date), and that it can take up to 8 weeks after that to get a decision...so i guess they're on time as far as their own timeline goes! But it seems like, at this point, are they even bothering to look at applications anymore? I was impressed by the speed of their email response, though--they answered me in like 2 hours!

I wish now that I had spent more time on Chicago's app., like written more essays. It just took me so damn long to get a personal statement that i could even live with, let alone feel good about. Does anyone think it's worth writing an additional essay even if i haven't heard anything?

I applied before January, but after the ED deadline and I got the hold letter...still holding...

« Reply #58 on: April 18, 2006, 04:56:19 PM »
will we be hearing in the next week or should we deposit elsewhere?

Goodfella Aaron

« Reply #59 on: April 18, 2006, 05:31:33 PM »
I sent my additional essay in on March 22 and my file went back to committee April 12. They said I'll get a decision before my deposit deadlines, though now I'm not sure if I'll stick it out. I loved UVA so much and I know Chicago's got the better opportunities but they're not gonna give me any money and I'd probably be happier elsewhere.