usd class of '09!

harold: what happened to my car?
nph: i left some loves stains in the back seat

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=snobord99

verbal

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - verbaltrinity
    • View Profile
Re: my ou decision could be being made right now...
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2006, 03:15:54 PM »
your a lock for ou
Attending: OU

john83

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2006, 03:19:23 PM »
your a lock for ou

agreed. just a question of scholarships.

verbal

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - verbaltrinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2006, 03:27:40 PM »
so what made u apply to ou. r u from oklahoma. i only ask because your profile says u live in cali. how seriously r u considering it over san diego and miami?
Attending: OU

john83

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2006, 04:40:35 PM »
so what made u apply to ou. r u from oklahoma. i only ask because your profile says u live in cali. how seriously r u considering it over san diego and miami?

to be honest, it's towards the bottom of my list, but i'm also taking into consideration $$$ offered by the schools i get into...i do have a high preference for staying in california, but i'm not that anal about it so am open to going just about anywhere as long as i think the program is right for me...but in all honesty, i dont think that i'll be going to ou unless i get a good amount of $$ thrown at me (which is the main thing i'm waiting for)...

well, the thing about OU is that it's a state-school. state schools don't ordinarily send out great offers. according to usnews, OU's average scholarship grant is $1,938, one of the lowest in the country. no one gets full-ride offers, they best you can do is combine offers to make your education free.

at any rate, if they offer you in-state tuition plus scholarship, it's a heckuva deal.

good luck.

purpeng

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2006, 01:21:44 PM »
ACK!

I was wondering why i hadn't heard from OU yet.  I figured they'd be the second one I heard from, and here I have four acceptances and a WL, and STILL no word from OU.  It's my alma mater and my first choice!  Now I'm nervous!

john83

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2006, 01:27:55 PM »
ACK!

I was wondering why i hadn't heard from OU yet.  I figured they'd be the second one I heard from, and here I have four acceptances and a WL, and STILL no word from OU.  It's my alma mater and my first choice!  Now I'm nervous!

i think OU is a bit unpredictable. you've got the numbers, so don't fret.

purpeng

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2006, 01:44:54 PM »
Do you mean unpredictable as far as how long it takes to make a decision, or unpredictable like me being WL'd at Loyola Chicago?  ;)

It's easy to say don't fret -- you've been in forever!

john83

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2006, 01:47:26 PM »
Do you mean unpredictable as far as how long it takes to make a decision, or unpredictable like me being WL'd at Loyola Chicago?  ;)

It's easy to say don't fret -- you've been in forever!

unpredictable as far as how long.

and it is easier for me to say, don't fret... i admit. this is why i tell you "don't fret" but i'm freaking out about the 7 pending apps i have.

purpeng

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2006, 01:50:56 PM »
don't fret, madprops/some1!  Your pending applications cause me only a little lost sleep.  ;)

I have been following your LSN profile, though.  You were the first person (other than my sister) to leave me a LSN comment.  You're doing really well and I really wouldn't fret if I were you.  If that were possible.