Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Appeal Decision  (Read 1915 times)

thesoftskills

• View Profile
Appeal Decision
« on: January 19, 2006, 08:15:56 AM »
Okay.  I submitted a substantial amount of information to supplement my application such as updated transcripts, etc. but they didn't get to one of the schools in time.  They already made a decision on me.  Is it at all possible to appeal a decision or are all decisions final?

thesoftskills

• View Profile
Re: Appeal Decision
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2006, 09:37:20 AM »
Since everyone likes to view but not post a decision I'll go ahead with it.  Don't have much to lose at this point.  I'll fill everyone in about how it goes.

Steve.jd

• LSD Obsessed
  • I'm edumacated now, still not photogenic though
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2006, 02:22:24 PM »
Since everyone likes to view but not post a decision I'll go ahead with it.  Don't have much to lose at this point.  I'll fill everyone in about how it goes.

I've heard of UG decisions being appealed, and then reversed...seems rare though and it might be different for LS
HLS '09

"V"

• Sr. Citizen
  • Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2006, 07:57:42 PM »
Undergrad decisions can almost always be appealed. As for Law School, I have no clue if it's even an option. As an above poster said, it's not like it can hurt you - but I wouldn't count on getting in somewhere that declined you. Unlike undergrad, who is really more willing to come and talk to you more about everything, most law schools have already probably considered anything they care about.

But give it a shot, it's not like it can hurt.

thesoftskills

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2006, 05:01:49 PM »
Application will be reviewed at the end of April.  It's a long shot, but I'm going to take the chance.  I really want to go to this school.

tobias

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jaray02
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2006, 08:42:18 PM »
I'm not sure if this is an option for you, but maybe you could ask to be considered for part-time? At most schools you can transer to full time after the first year if you'd like. Good luck.

Slow Blues

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2006, 10:51:34 AM »
Well, review the school's policy first. I feel I remember reading on some applications that all decisions are final. This isn't a path I would go down, but good luck if you do.

thesoftskills

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2006, 01:16:28 PM »
I got a phone call and the lady on the phone told me I can appeal the decision and that it will be reviewed at the end of April.  My reason for appealing is personal and I'd rather not go into great detail.  I'm willing to do anything it takes to get my application reviewed with the extra information in mind.

tobias

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jaray02
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2006, 01:59:55 PM »
Good luck!