Law School Discussion

Harvard visit plan Jan 28 - 30

hyacinthsarise

• hello.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - zn
    • View Profile
Harvard visit plan Jan 28 - 30
« on: January 18, 2006, 08:22:08 PM »
Hey all I'm planning on staying with a friend in Hingham and checking out Harvard Sat Jan 28th through Monday Jan 30th. (Yeah I just can't wait for an admitted student's day with all of my relatives going "So you're going to Harvard!" and me being like "Er... I don't really have a clue how to make an informed decision."  I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions or possibly wanted to meet up for drinks or mutual visiting one of those days?  Let me know :)

JPhilmore

• This actually is me.
    • View Profile
Re: Harvard visit plan Jan 28 - 30
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2006, 07:14:04 AM »
I'll be in Providence, but if you are looking for a place to get a drink there is a good bar in Harvard square that has Leffe on tap.  Unfortunately the name is escaping me right now.

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• Back to my non-secret secret identity...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2006, 10:00:47 AM »
I live about 4 miles from HLS, so I've wandered around campus several times, but haven't gotten much out of it.  I'm sure the tour would help(I haven't taken it because I didn't think they offered them on the weekends), and walking around the general area if you haven't been around before.

I'd be around to meet up at some point over the weekend; maybe with two people it would be easier to get up the courage to ask current students what they think?  (I kept thinking I should when I wandered around, but lacked the balls.  ;) )

fatcat

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2006, 10:56:28 AM »
Hey all I'm planning on staying with a friend in Hingham and checking out Harvard Sat Jan 28th through Monday Jan 30th. (Yeah I just can't wait for an admitted student's day with all of my relatives going "So you're going to Harvard!" and me being like "Er... I don't really have a clue how to make an informed decision."  I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions or possibly wanted to meet up for drinks or mutual visiting one of those days?  Let me know :)

I'll be here, writing my thesis sadly.  :( (It's our intersession so I'm a little glum that I'll still be on campus).

I'm happy to meet up with anyone who's gonna be in the area... I'll need a break from Stata and the woes of writing. ;)