Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: In at Southwestern  (Read 1231 times)

CALIMAN

In at Southwestern
« on: January 18, 2006, 02:08:12 PM »
 ???

pinkybella

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: In at Southwestern
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2006, 02:09:48 PM »
WOW!!! In at Southwestern! I’m definitely going to law school this year. Finally!!!

“Merit based admission!”
A golden bear makes the threshold.

Where’s the scholarship offer?

Wow! congrats! Did you apply for FT or PT?

I just checked the status checker and it says my file is complete and being reviewed! STILL!!!

WfPck05

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2006, 08:56:31 PM »
WOW!!! In at Southwestern! I’m definitely going to law school this year. Finally!!!

“Merit based admission!”
A golden bear makes the threshold.

Where’s the scholarship offer?

Wow! congrats! Did you apply for FT or PT?

I just checked the status checker and it says my file is complete and being reviewed! STILL!!!

I'm in the same boat.  Mine has said that for 2 months now!

ts369697

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2006, 01:21:26 AM »
Anyone else heard from swestern this year? Ive looked at data form a couple years back when my 2.64, 161 lsat seemed strong enough to egt in, but ive heard and read admissions standards have tightened considerably. Also, any news on waitlists at Southwest?

pinkybella

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2006, 11:10:43 AM »
Anyone else heard from swestern this year? Ive looked at data form a couple years back when my 2.64, 161 lsat seemed strong enough to egt in, but ive heard and read admissions standards have tightened considerably. Also, any news on waitlists at Southwest?

Turned in my app on 11/7, went complete a few days later & it still says my application is underreview....they are taking FOREVER.

pinkybella

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2006, 12:31:30 PM »
P.S. This is what I think Southwestern is trying to do: Since they are trying to better the reputation of their law school & raise their rankings, they are waiting to receive all application before making decisions about non-auto admit applications. Everyone who has been admitted thus far, has been an auto admit. So I think they are waiting to see what their application pool will be like before making decisions about non-auto admits.

If this is truly the case, they are not really using rolling admissions & it doesn't matter when you applied to Southwestern. I am an example of that. I turned my app in on 11/7 & people who turned in their app after me have already been admitted.

pinkybella

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2006, 12:55:47 PM »
P.S. This is what I think Southwestern is trying to do: Since they are trying to better the reputation of their law school & raise their rankings, they are waiting to receive all application before making decisions about non-auto admit applications. Everyone who has been admitted thus far, has been an auto admit. So I think they are waiting to see what their application pool will be like before making decisions about non-auto admits.

If this is truly the case, they are not really using rolling admissions & it doesn't matter when you applied to Southwestern. I am an example of that. I turned my app in on 11/7 & people who turned in their app after me have already been admitted.

i'm one of those people...but i still think it's rolling admissions since if it wasnt, i wouldnt have received an accept yet...
You're an auto admit @ SW with your numbers. I think if you had turned your app in Dec, you would have been admitted already.

IvanTrbl

• Sr. Citizen
  • ouch?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2006, 02:26:09 PM »
I turned my app in January 9th and have already been admitted - and by no means am I an auto-admit.
"I spent lots of money on birds, booze, and fast cars.  The rest I squandered." - George Best!

pinkybella

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2006, 04:01:32 PM »
I turned my app in January 9th and have already been admitted - and by no means am I an auto-admit.

You applied FT right? Yes you are an autoadmit according to your numbers. There 75% for GPA/LSAT are as follows: 3.62 & 157. I would say if you you're in the 75% for both GPA/LSAT, you're an auto admit at most non T14 schools.

IvanTrbl

• Sr. Citizen
  • ouch?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2006, 08:02:18 PM »
You applied FT right? Yes you are an autoadmit according to your numbers. There 75% for GPA/LSAT are as follows: 3.62 & 157. I would say if you you're in the 75% for both GPA/LSAT, you're an auto admit at most non T14 schools.

That's interesting.  According to Princetonreview.com (my primary source), the average LSAT is a 157 and the average GPA is a 3.4.  Go figure.   
"I spent lots of money on birds, booze, and fast cars.  The rest I squandered." - George Best!