Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Leiter updates his Supreme Court clerk rankings  (Read 2936 times)

Pancho

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile

ACK!

• Sr. Citizen
  • RESIST THE EARTHQUAKE! REUNITE GONDWANALAND!
    • View Profile
Re: Leiter updates his Supreme Court clerk rankings
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2006, 07:43:09 PM »
Ohh, nice
U Chi '09

xk

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2006, 08:28:05 PM »
good to know!

TXcal

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile

burghblast

• Sr. Citizen
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - tforsean
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2006, 10:27:44 PM »
Leiter's article raises an interesting loophole:  Justice Roberts brought his clerks with him, but they weren't counted in this survey because they went through a less competitive process.  Hmmm... I see a sequel to the Pelican Brief here: Rehnquist didn't die naturally!!  He was bumped off by some ambitious appellate court clerks.

ACK!

• Sr. Citizen
  • RESIST THE EARTHQUAKE! REUNITE GONDWANALAND!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2006, 01:42:14 PM »
Leiter's article raises an interesting loophole:  Justice Roberts brought his clerks with him, but they weren't counted in this survey because they went through a less competitive process.  Hmmm... I see a sequel to the Pelican Brief here: Rehnquist didn't die naturally!!  He was bumped off by some ambitious appellate court clerks.

hehe, how sinister
U Chi '09

allshookup

• View Profile
    • LSN page
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2006, 03:47:56 PM »
Here's a question: Judicial clerkships are high on my list.  And, while I'm at it, I can dream about a Supreme Court clerkship.  The only school I'm in at that makes this list in Notre Dame.  So, that's a good sign.  Maybe I should give it some extra weight, right? 

HOWEVER, I'm a hardcore Democrat. The end of Leiter's rankings says that Scalia is the one who is partial to ND, which probably accounts for all six of the school's placements.  So.. chances are that Notre Dame's Supreme Court success will be almost entirely lost on me, no?

florentino ariza

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2006, 07:25:25 PM »
actually, i think occassionally scalia takes a liberal to beat up on.

chicago took a big bump in my rankings just now.

queencruella

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2006, 07:30:56 PM »
Here's a question: Judicial clerkships are high on my list.  And, while I'm at it, I can dream about a Supreme Court clerkship.  The only school I'm in at that makes this list in Notre Dame.  So, that's a good sign.  Maybe I should give it some extra weight, right? 

HOWEVER, I'm a hardcore Democrat. The end of Leiter's rankings says that Scalia is the one who is partial to ND, which probably accounts for all six of the school's placements.  So.. chances are that Notre Dame's Supreme Court success will be almost entirely lost on me, no?

Scalia loves ND, but there is at least one prof there who clerked for O'Connor, so you never know. She's pretty moderate. ND also has connections to several judges who feed clerks to the supreme court. Maybe one or two of them are more liberal?

J D

• Sr. Citizen
  • Lust isn't one of the 7 Deadly Sins for nothing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2006, 07:52:03 PM »

there is at least one prof there who clerked for O'Connor, so you never know. She's pretty moderate. 

Yeah, but she's also pretty retired, too.  ;)
"I never think of the future.  It comes soon enough."--Albert Einstein