Law School Discussion

Held at Harvard: What does this mean?

bass

• Retired
    • View Profile
Re: Held at Harvard: What does this mean?
« Reply #80 on: January 19, 2006, 08:38:35 PM »
Honestly, I doubt that I'll get in.  I'll send in some extra stuff, but nothing that will wow them (though I'll hear within 2 weeks about a second law review article that may be published).  When it comes down to it, I am less motivated because Yale is such a good option.

Steve.jd

• I'm edumacated now, still not photogenic though
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 19, 2006, 08:41:30 PM »

best of luck. i'm sure you are eminently qualified so if you don't get in, then harvard's a tool. (and i say that as an HC undergrad)  :P

Sorry, just noticed your post!

Thank you!!!!!!!  :-*

fatcat

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 19, 2006, 10:52:16 PM »

best of luck. i'm sure you are eminently qualified so if you don't get in, then harvard's a tool. (and i say that as an HC undergrad)  :P

Sorry, just noticed your post!

Thank you!!!!!!!  :-*

haha, no prob. no matter what happens, i know you'll have awesome options. (You too, bass.)

« Reply #83 on: January 19, 2006, 11:31:11 PM »
When it comes down to it, I am less motivated because Yale is such a good option.

Sheer understatement.  100% pure quality.

« Reply #84 on: January 20, 2006, 07:34:43 AM »
I can't believe you got deferred, Bass.  This has to be the most shocking admissions decision that I have seen this cycle.  I still think you're in...

By the way, for the rest of the deferrals, what are you planning on sending in?  At the moment, I am thinking about 2 additional LORs (one to send in now, one in case I get WL'd).  I will also probably write a diversity statement. 

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• Back to my non-secret secret identity...
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 20, 2006, 07:57:35 AM »
I can't believe you got deferred, Bass.  This has to be the most shocking admissions decision that I have seen this cycle.  I still think you're in...

Ditto.  The hold is just bizzare.  I can't imagine what they're thinking, but I'm sure they'll come to their sense soon.

snikrep

« Reply #86 on: January 20, 2006, 09:11:01 AM »
Just received the deferral today in the mail...I was completely expecting a rejection or a waitlist, since it was such a thin envelope...

why are law schools sooooooo indecisive??!!!

For your "supporting information" - just send your Yale acceptance letter, that'll get Toby's feathers all ruffled.

practiceboy02

• Still misbehaving in law school
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 20, 2006, 09:16:42 AM »
:D :D :D :D :D :D

oh BELIEVE ME I've had my share of fun with that when withdrawing from Cornell and Fordham  ;)

Please tell me you didn't tell Cornell and Fordham that you were withdrawing because you got into Yale

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• Back to my non-secret secret identity...
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 20, 2006, 09:20:47 AM »
There are several people who committed to hat-eating and the like (you know who you are)...well get those derbies ready!!!

I said I'd eat my hat if you got dinged, and I still don't think that's happening.  So my hat is going to remain uneaten.

practiceboy02

• Still misbehaving in law school
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 20, 2006, 09:49:37 AM »
Well I'm glad that you had your "share of fun" in doing so. 

If I recall correctly, none of the 4 schools I withdrew from asked me why I was withdrawing.