Law School Discussion

Held at Harvard: What does this mean?

Re: Held at Harvard: What does this mean?
« Reply #160 on: January 24, 2006, 01:41:30 PM »
ok, i'm finally deffered too.  now i need to write an amazing essay.  good luck everyone.

Ah man, I'm sorry.  TStock, what's up?? 

I'm actually fine with it.  I liked writing my personal statement, so this will be a good chance to write again.  Also, I take comfort in the fact that Mr. Stock was interested in my app and thought that it warranted a phone call, even if it's a close decision.  the frustrating part of it all is that the decision may take a long time now.

B.K.

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 24, 2006, 01:42:13 PM »
Welcome Orlando Jackson. It's not so easy being green :)

John Galt

« Reply #162 on: January 24, 2006, 01:44:25 PM »

is that the alcohol talking BK?

« Reply #163 on: January 24, 2006, 01:46:59 PM »

huh? 

corky

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 24, 2006, 01:47:31 PM »
quick response to the original question...
Held at Harvard: What does this mean?

it means you're still in the game...congrats! 

Thanks.  I am definitely feeling better about the deferral now than I did when I first got it.  Toby appears to be using the hold much differently than in the past. I could be wrong, but it seems everyone who is not an auto-admit/auto-reject is getting the deferral.

My current conspiracy theory is that he knows that students know when the acceptances/rejections come, so he may be sending out the letters so that people aren't desperately checking their mailboxes for a final decision.

B.K.

• View Profile
« Reply #165 on: January 24, 2006, 01:48:47 PM »

huh? 

Sorry. Kermit the Frog just popped into my head as I was typing.  ;D

John Galt

« Reply #166 on: January 24, 2006, 02:20:01 PM »

huh? 

I thought she was drunk, dude.

Anyways, hate to hear about the deferral, but I like your attitude. I think people with phone calls will eventually get in. I think they just want to have a gut feeling that you're coming if admitted. I think this is an effort to increase their yeild really. I think that is what is killing Harvard vs yale.

snikrep

« Reply #167 on: January 24, 2006, 02:25:39 PM »

huh? 

Anyways, hate to hear about the deferral, but I like your attitude. I think people with phone calls will eventually get in. I think they just want to have a gut feeling that you're coming if admitted. I think this is an effort to increase their yeild really. I think that is what is killing Harvard vs yale.

But I'm guessing that a much higher percentage of the Harvard autoadmits are going to have the option of Yale (and probably end up heading that route) - most of the deferrals at Harvard will probably not even get the chance.

If he was really worried about yield, he would've deferred people like VeeLeigh and Galt who are the autoadmits to everywhere.

« Reply #168 on: January 24, 2006, 02:26:44 PM »

huh? 

thanks man.  letting me in would certainly not be bad for harvard's yield.  I'm carrying my checkbook in my back pocket in case T. Stock calls my cell while I'm out and I need to get a deposit in the mail quickly.  

snikrep

« Reply #169 on: January 24, 2006, 02:30:25 PM »

huh? 

thanks man.  letting me in would certainly not be bad for harvard's yield.  I'm carrying my checkbook in my back pocket in case T. Stock calls my cell while I'm out and I need to get a deposit in the mail quickly. 

LOL - put that in your essay, I think they'd like it ;).