Law School Discussion

Held at Harvard: What does this mean?

Nemesis

• The High Priestess
    • View Profile
Re: Held at Harvard: What does this mean?
« Reply #130 on: January 20, 2006, 03:17:07 PM »
me too...saw a thin, cream envelope in my box today and my heart sank.  ended up being uva letter thankfully.  why must they put acceptances in rejection-sized envelopes??  i feel like frogger everytime i check my mail- nearly being taken out by a speeding vehicle.

I'm glad to hear it. I hope my bad luck doesn't rub off on you or the rest of the guys. I'm still hoping you guys will get an acceptance call.  ;)

That miserable little envelope is the worst.

lovelovelovenyc

« Reply #131 on: January 20, 2006, 03:20:15 PM »
me too...saw a thin, cream envelope in my box today and my heart sank.  ended up being uva letter thankfully.  why must they put acceptances in rejection-sized envelopes??  i feel like frogger everytime i check my mail- nearly being taken out by a speeding vehicle.

I'm glad to hear it. I hope my bad luck doesn't rub off on you or the rest of the guys. I'm still hoping you guys will get an acceptance call.  ;)

That miserable little envelope is the worst.

Well you were complete a week before me, so I am not holding my breathe.  Still think you will get in eventually.  BTW, great addition to the sig line.  Perfectly reflects the TS call/non-admit feeling.

« Reply #132 on: January 20, 2006, 07:28:30 PM »
What I don't get is why are they sending deferrals to people who werent called - why say anything at all? It's not as though there is an early action option.

Maybe they're sending deferrals to ppl w/ & w/o the call b/c they know they've got everyone all worked up over whether they've gotten the call or not & what that means.  If one of the main points of the call is give the school a more personalized, caring touch then it makes sense for them to still contact people that might be admitted later on in the game, too, to keep everyone in the loop & feeling at least a little bit of love.  That way, ppl that get the letter (w/ & w/o call) know they can delay some of their good acceptance dreams/rejection nightmares for another few weeks at least.  This is probably a decent move on the office's part, if they're planning to delay a lot of their acceptances to later in the cycle than usual.  This way, they should decrease the amount of calls/emails checking on app status so they have more time to actually move thru apps.

John Galt

« Reply #133 on: January 20, 2006, 07:36:49 PM »
What I don't get is why are they sending deferrals to people who werent called - why say anything at all? It's not as though there is an early action option.

Maybe they're sending deferrals to ppl w/ & w/o the call b/c they know they've got everyone all worked up over whether they've gotten the call or not & what that means.  If one of the main points of the call is give the school a more personalized, caring touch then it makes sense for them to still contact people that might be admitted later on in the game, too, to keep everyone in the loop & feeling at least a little bit of love.  That way, ppl that get the letter (w/ & w/o call) know they can delay some of their good acceptance dreams/rejection nightmares for another few weeks at least.  This is probably a decent move on the office's part, if they're planning to delay a lot of their acceptances to later in the cycle than usual.  This way, they should decrease the amount of calls/emails checking on app status so they have more time to actually move thru apps.

Always impressive, G. I buy this theory. Good to see you actually posting and not just lurking ;)

« Reply #134 on: January 20, 2006, 08:01:07 PM »

[/quote]

Always impressive, G. I buy this theory. Good to see you actually posting and not just lurking ;)
[/quote]

Yeah, I figured that contributing to the general speculation is a better way to spend my time than letting the stress of this process turn my neck & back into 1 huge knot of stress. :) ???

John Galt

« Reply #135 on: January 20, 2006, 08:10:33 PM »
You? Stressed?

naaaaahh...

Hybrid Vigor

• prestigious
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 20, 2006, 08:55:14 PM »
You? Stressed?

naaaaahh...

I'm saying right. Who, P? Get stressed? What? Why, she would never do something like send a text message asking what's going on on the boards... :D

« Reply #137 on: January 20, 2006, 09:01:17 PM »
You? Stressed?

naaaaahh...

I'm saying right. Who, P? Get stressed? What? Why, she would never do something like send a text message asking what's going on on the boards... :D

What's a girl to do when she's away from lsd & lsn alllllllllll day?! 

Additionally, JG- I think your current plush (& well-deserved) situation has got you singing some kind of enya calm tune- very diff than months ago when we could freak out together!  I like it tho, b/c if everyone was freaking out right now- the world would be chaos- it makes you seem all growd up!  ;)

John Galt

« Reply #138 on: January 20, 2006, 09:36:19 PM »
You? Stressed?

naaaaahh...

What's a girl to do when she's away from lsd & lsn alllllllllll day?! 

Additionally, JG- I think your current plush (& well-deserved) situation has got you singing some kind of enya calm tune- very diff than months ago when we could freak out together!  I like it tho, b/c if everyone was freaking out right now- the world would be chaos- it makes you seem all growd up!  ;)

How long you known me? Have you ever seen me lose my composure? Anyways, I'm limited in my options because of certain evaluations that didn't really speak so highly of me if ya know what I mean. Neways, I'm sure you don't have that problem. ;) Keep me updated though.

In other news...Lakers losing by 20....sigh....

« Reply #139 on: January 23, 2006, 11:29:38 PM »
Well I am new to this site but decided to jump in after I joined this quite prestigious group in receiving my lovely hold letter today. I am a 3.65/175 so was not excessively surprised. Though looking over the deferrals this year compared to last year we seem to be a much stronger group.

Sending lors and a letter telling them about all my fascinating  ;) activities. I do think spending too much time on a "Why Harvard" essay is an error. I did a why harvard paragraph but I mean, come on, they know why you want to go to Harvard. Its Harvard. Trying to find some obscure program and emphasizing your interest in it will sound absurd. As if you are going to pass up Harvard for Northwestern because, gosh darn it, NU just has that excellent environmental recovery litigation program. I think you tell them more reasons why they should want you and then maybe explain why you know Harvard is the best. BSing them will probably sound obvious. My two cents as a LSD rookie.