Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Has anyone received financial aid forms from University of Miami?  (Read 1230 times)

drama gal

• Sr. Citizen
  • D-Jet
    • View Profile
I applied to the University of Miami and still awaiting a decision, but they sent me financial aid forms out on 1/12. Of course in the letter, it states award is conditional upon acceptance.  I just think it's a little odd for them to send these forms requesting my financial info without giving me an acceptance offer.

Has anyone else received such?
The reason birds can fly and we can't is simply that they have perfect faith, for to have faith is to have wings.

Sir James Matthew Barrie

gordonma

• Sr. Citizen
  • Cheers
    • AOL Instant Messenger - xikillamikeix
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Has anyone received financial aid forms from University of Miami?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2006, 02:17:31 PM »
I applied to the University of Miami and still awaiting a decision, but they sent me financial aid forms out on 1/12. Of course in the letter, it states award is conditional upon acceptance.  I just think it's a little odd for them to send these forms requesting my financial info without giving me an acceptance offer.

Has anyone else received such?

yea i got the same thing. I got deferred at Miami back in early december I think and this was the first mail I have received from them since. I dont know what that means as far as a possible acceptance, but at least they did not write us off completely...
Seton Hall School of Law 1L come the Fall
Lets go Pirates!

drama gal

• Sr. Citizen
  • D-Jet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2006, 03:42:17 PM »
I could understand it more if I was deferred or waitlisted, but my app is just still pending.  The last I heard was when I called to get a status check back in December and all they could tell me was that my app was still in with the committee. 
The reason birds can fly and we can't is simply that they have perfect faith, for to have faith is to have wings.

Sir James Matthew Barrie

drama gal

• Sr. Citizen
  • D-Jet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2006, 04:44:32 PM »
Well, I figured out why I got the forms... I got my acceptance today! :D

Sir James Matthew Barrie

ScreamingInfidelities

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2006, 06:40:30 PM »
What type of financial aid forms? I got accepted in December but only found out yesterday because it was sent to my school address. I didn't get any financial aid forms with my acceptance or otherwise.

drama gal

• Sr. Citizen
  • D-Jet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2006, 11:33:15 PM »
What type of financial aid forms? I got accepted in December but only found out yesterday because it was sent to my school address. I didn't get any financial aid forms with my acceptance or otherwise.

A generic letter, along with FAFSA on the web worksheet, and their financial aid fact sheet.  You probably will be getting the same soon.

Sir James Matthew Barrie

verbal

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - verbaltrinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2006, 12:48:46 AM »
yeah i got one today as well
Attending: OU

ScreamingInfidelities

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2006, 11:58:39 AM »
Thanks. Its just so much to keep track of with financial aid forms for every school.

Benashja

• AOL Instant Messenger - JustJoshing11
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2006, 12:24:07 PM »
Yeah I got deferred a couple weeks ago by Miami and a few days ago I received the financial aid packet... I don't think it means anything at all
Touchdown (accepted): Rutgers-Newark, Saint Louis, Michigan State, Albany, Gonzaga ($5500), Tulsa ($10000), Florida Coastal ($12000)
3 and Out (waitlisted): Penn State, Case Western
Fumble (rejected): Denver, Miami, IUPUI

silva

• vc n ss
    • AOL Instant Messenger - donel1921
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2006, 02:37:18 AM »
those dayum hurricanes told me they weren't going to review my application because of a technicality with my lsdas report (wasn't that serious), now they send me this finaid form...please
it's funny how money change a situation