Law School Discussion

Has anyone received financial aid forms from University of Miami?

drama gal

• D-Jet
    • View Profile
I applied to the University of Miami and still awaiting a decision, but they sent me financial aid forms out on 1/12. Of course in the letter, it states award is conditional upon acceptance.  I just think it's a little odd for them to send these forms requesting my financial info without giving me an acceptance offer.

Has anyone else received such?

gordonma

• Cheers
    • AOL Instant Messenger - xikillamikeix
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Has anyone received financial aid forms from University of Miami?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2006, 12:17:31 PM »
I applied to the University of Miami and still awaiting a decision, but they sent me financial aid forms out on 1/12. Of course in the letter, it states award is conditional upon acceptance.  I just think it's a little odd for them to send these forms requesting my financial info without giving me an acceptance offer.

Has anyone else received such?

yea i got the same thing. I got deferred at Miami back in early december I think and this was the first mail I have received from them since. I dont know what that means as far as a possible acceptance, but at least they did not write us off completely...

drama gal

• D-Jet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2006, 01:42:17 PM »
I could understand it more if I was deferred or waitlisted, but my app is just still pending.  The last I heard was when I called to get a status check back in December and all they could tell me was that my app was still in with the committee. 

drama gal

• D-Jet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2006, 02:44:32 PM »
Well, I figured out why I got the forms... I got my acceptance today! :D

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2006, 04:40:30 PM »
What type of financial aid forms? I got accepted in December but only found out yesterday because it was sent to my school address. I didn't get any financial aid forms with my acceptance or otherwise.

drama gal

• D-Jet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2006, 09:33:15 PM »
What type of financial aid forms? I got accepted in December but only found out yesterday because it was sent to my school address. I didn't get any financial aid forms with my acceptance or otherwise.

A generic letter, along with FAFSA on the web worksheet, and their financial aid fact sheet.  You probably will be getting the same soon.

verbal

• AOL Instant Messenger - verbaltrinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2006, 10:48:46 PM »
yeah i got one today as well

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2006, 09:58:39 AM »
Thanks. Its just so much to keep track of with financial aid forms for every school.

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2006, 10:24:07 AM »
Yeah I got deferred a couple weeks ago by Miami and a few days ago I received the financial aid packet... I don't think it means anything at all

silva

• vc n ss
    • AOL Instant Messenger - donel1921
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2006, 12:37:18 AM »
those dayum hurricanes told me they weren't going to review my application because of a technicality with my lsdas report (wasn't that serious), now they send me this finaid form...please