Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Jerks you meet right before taking the LSAT  (Read 2338 times)

Manwithaplan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Jerks you meet right before taking the LSAT
« on: January 15, 2006, 01:32:36 PM »
  Well, not being an academic god like the 95% of ppl here who have seemed to gotten accepted into harvard and yale, I had to take the lsat twice. the 2nd worst part about the lsat, (besides taking the lsat) were the ppl i saw there. it seems that proper ettiquete before the test involves demeaning everyone else's confidence. i distinctly remember one guy who claimed to be scoring 180 constistantly and treating a score under 178 as 'trash'. another guy said he had been doing logic games since 2nd grade and did them for FUN. the best one though had to be girl girl who said she was applying to 3 schools, harvard, yale and stanford. she made it clear she 'knew' someone. ok, it might very well be the case that she does 'know someone', but she couldnt have been more pretentious. mind you, all these ppl were ppl i have never met before, and yet i learned this about them RIGHT before the lsat. you would think thet i would have learned ot just bring an mp3 player after the 2nd time...but i'm taking the lsat twice, what can you expect.
  the best defense i had against these ppl was always smile nicely and respond, 'oh i know what you mean! but you know whats been really tripping me up the last few weeks? those NEW 3-D logic games they just introduced'. then just sit back and watch them panic for a couple minutes. i highly recomend this technique.
USD Law grad

Manwithaplan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Jerks you meet right before taking the LSAT
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2006, 01:48:39 PM »
another guy said he had been doing logic games since 2nd grade and did them for FUN.

i dont see anything wrong with this one.

i should have added that he made it seem like it was the natural thing to do, which it may be i suppose, but when i responded i had just started doing them a few months back he scoffed....he SCOFFED!
USD Law grad

"V"

• Sr. Citizen
  • Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2006, 03:40:00 PM »
One of my books warned about people like that on the LSAT. Just ignore them. How much you brag is no indication of how smart you are, and how smart you are is no indication of how well you'll do - and how well you do arguably isn't even an indication of how you'll do in law school. LOL

Ultimately most of those people are just trying to psych others out (ie, the worse you do, the better I do) and from what I hear, it's REALLY common before law school finals as well.

The bottom line is that most people like that are just being jerks, and it's a waste of time to listen to them. They want you to focus on them, and not the test. Or, they just need constant gratification. Certainly, they're annoying, but take comfort in the fact that there's a lot of people scoring better than them, with more scholarship money, with better offers, that never brag like that.

Typhoon Longwang

• Sr. Citizen
  • I have the power to stop an LSAT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2006, 03:56:49 PM »
I didn't run into those people.  I ran into more people that had taken 1-2 practice test, who were scoring in the low 150s and were shooting for mid-160s on the real test.  I didn't say anything but I felt really sorry for them because I figured they were going to be disappointed.

Ego

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2006, 04:24:05 PM »
I went around the room and made everyone state their names and practice averages.

So I guess I'm that jerk, huh?

zerofact0r

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2006, 04:25:48 PM »
Yep, that'd be you.  What's the point in caring about what other people are scoring?  It's you and the test.

Not that I really blame you, psyching out the competition.

Ego

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2006, 04:26:47 PM »
I also told the girl next to me about the T14 cutoff point for a good life.

She seemed not to understand.  Damn those 150 scorers.

Ego

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2006, 04:27:17 PM »
Also, if you believe that I was that guy, look up...who wrote gullible on the ceiling?  Wtf?

zerofact0r

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2006, 04:30:19 PM »
Just tell them that most people who score below 165 never pass the bar and that law schools just want to make money. 

Ego

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2006, 04:32:14 PM »
Most people who score below 165 not only don't pass the bar, but are taxed for being stupid.  Then they are subjected to a lifetime of failure while trying to pay down their law school debt, eventually ending up in bankruptcy court and praying that the clinic will give them another prescription to that stress medication.

But yeah, I didn't say a word to anyone at the lsat.  I was serious and *&^%.

Just smoked my cigarettes and chilled out.