Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: .  (Read 2213 times)

Steve.jd

• LSD Obsessed
  • I'm edumacated now, still not photogenic though
    • View Profile
Re: Tra's Application (To be subsequently deleted)
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2006, 09:15:43 PM »
I'll play ;D  All genders may apply ;)

1. Top 5 bands/singers/groups of all times Beatles, Led Zep, Rolling Stones, Eagles, Van Halen

2. Your view on marriage/kids I'd like both

3. On a scale of 1 - 10, with 1 being most conservative and 10 being most liberal, you consider yourself a... 4.9

4. LSAT score 173

5. Tell me something funny here So chicken of the sea, does that mean chickens can swim?

6.  Favorite beer Yuengling Lite/Lager

7.  What is your view on cats? Cats rock that is all

8.  On a scale of 1 - 10, with 1 being most traditional and 10 being most liberal, how traditional are you about gender roles? 5

9.  Last book you read (not a book for class) Freakonomics

10.  Where were you born/raised? Born = Russian, Raised = Brooklyn

11.  Religion/how often you attend religious services Once every 10 years or so ;)

12.  Age 21.5

13.  Favorite food Steak/Fish

14.  # of cultural events (theater, galley shows, ballets) that you go to in an average year ~15

15.  Height 5'9"ish

Hmmm...that's all for now...we'll award a winner later.
HLS '09

Ivy_Hopeful

• Sr. Citizen
  • Final UGPA 3.894 / LSAT 141
    • MSN Messenger - dduncan81@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Dduncan81
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Derryp999
    • View Profile
    • A website that I built and maintain.
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2006, 10:13:23 PM »
1. Top 5 bands/singers/groups of all times:  Nirvana, Metallica, Crash Test Dummies, Red hot Chili Peppers

2. Your view on marriage/kids: Marriage: Happily married for almost 2 years / Kids: If it wee possible then I would love them.

3. On a scale of 1 - 10, with 1 being most conservative and 10 being most liberal, you consider yourself a... 8.999 (very little connservative views but mainly liberal and progressive and a male femenist ta boot!)

4. LSAT score: Well if you feel this is relevant: 141 unaccommodated

5. Tell me something funny here: My mom acyually "feels" that Ican get into ASU law school with my LSAT score.

6.  Favorite beer: Nimbus Dark Ale (largest microbrewery in AZ)

7.  What is your view on cats? Am I one of the few cat lovers (had a very special cat for over 24 years, that's right 24 years) I love cats, and I miss mine (he has been gone for 2 years as of August 12 this year)

8.  On a scale of 1 - 10, with 1 being most traditional and 10 being most liberal, how traditional are you about gender roles? Absolutely an 11!

9.  Last book you read (not a book for class): The vagina monolgues and Al Frankin's The Truth

10.  Where were you born/raised? Born in Lemoore, Californai / Raised in Phoenix Arizona

11.  Religion/how often you attend religious services: I was a devout roman catholic as a child now I am a non-practicing lutheran / agnostic

12.  24.3

13.  Favorite food:  Used to be salisburry steak now it is pickles (kosher dill [vlasic or claussen] or zesty)

14.  # of cultural events (theater, galley shows, ballets) that you go to in an average year: 3 to 5

15.  Height: 5 ft 7 in on a good day and 5 ft 6 in tall on a bad day.

If I get admitted it will be the second school I have been admitted to since this appication cycle began *fingers crossed*
Winners: Cooley w/$, UDM
Losers: MSU, DePaul, NYLS, UI, Georegtown, WSU, PSU, Kent, Cleavland State, ASU
In Limbo + Purgatory: N/A

Law School Numbers.com

LSD Debut UGPA 3.651 Final UGPA 3.894 / LSAT October 1st, 2005: 141

SCgrad

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2006, 11:11:58 PM »
1. Top 5 bands/singers/groups of all times - Jimmy Buffett, Johnny Cash, James Taylor, George Strait, and Green Day (for variety)

2. Your view on marriage/kids - They're good things.

3. On a scale of 1 - 10, with 1 being most conservative and 10 being most liberal, you consider yourself a... - By American standards, between 3 and 4. (Edit - I misread this, I am the other way around, about a 6 or 7)

4. LSAT score - really good for someone as stupid as me.

5. Tell me something funny here - I'm not a clown to amuse you, honey.

6.  Favorite beer - Michelob Light

7.  What is your view on cats? - I don't like any animal that A: smells or B: makes any type of mess.  Cats that don't fall into both of these are rare.

8.  On a scale of 1 - 10, with 1 being most traditional and 10 being most liberal, how traditional are you about gender roles? - What the hell are gender roles? I guess about 9.

9.  Last book you read (not a book for class) - Last book I finished was The Firm.

10.  Where were you born/raised? - Born: The shores of Carolina.  Raised: The hills of Tennessee (do I get points for poetry?)

11.  Religion/how often you attend religious services - You know this one.

12.  Age - 22

13.  Favorite food - Surf and Turf

14.  # of cultural events (theater, galley shows, ballets) that you go to in an average year - guessing, about 15.

15.  Height - a tad over 6'8"

SkullTatt

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2006, 12:20:23 AM »
I would like to apply even though I am gay.

1. Top 5 bands/singers/groups of all times: The Trash Can Sinatras, Yo La Tengo, The Smiths, The Shins, Hidden Cameras

2. Your view on marriage/kids: Abort all children

3. On a scale of 1 - 10, with 1 being most conservative and 10 being most liberal, you consider yourself a...: 10. Convert everyone to Judaism and make them join the ACLU.

4. LSAT score: 165

5. Tell me something funny here: "Girls with large breasts work at Hooters, where do girls with one leg work? ... IHOP!"

6.  Favorite beer: Hefeweisen w/lemon wedge

7.  What is your view on cats? LOVE !!!

8.  On a scale of 1 - 10, with 1 being most traditional and 10 being most liberal, how traditional are you about gender roles? 9. Trannies sometimes can freak me out, and same goes for guys-with-pies. But other than that it's cool.

9.  Last book you read (not a book for class): The Ancestor's Tale by Richard Dawkins

10.  Where were you born/raised? San Francisco Bay Area

11.  Religion/how often you attend religious services: Athiest, never

12.  Age: 30+

13.  Favorite food: Indian

14.  # of cultural events (theater, galley shows, ballets) that you go to in an average year: 0 or 1

15.  Height: 5'10"

SCgrad

« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2006, 12:25:13 AM »
I <3 the number of apps I've receieved!

Alright Sax, with your edit, you are admitted.

Steve2009, you are deferred because of your age, but you will eventually be admitted.  (I don't date guys that are younger than me...in fact I rarely even date guys younger than about 25 or so)

Britt, you are a ding based solely on your answers, (particularly #'s 6, 7, and 9) but that just means we wouldn't be good to date....We'd be much better to just hang out ;).  However, your #5 was the best yet.

Ivy:  Ding. (sorry!)

SCgrad- Although your #6 is very wimpy, your #15 more than makes up for it.  Admit with a partial scholarship.

I really didn't know how to choose, so I just picked the beer I always order when I go to college bars.  I guess I don't have any real defense for it.  I figured my #15 was something like a 172 LSAT, the kind of thing that gets you in even with a subpar application...

skaiserbrown

« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2006, 05:29:31 AM »
1. Top 5 bands/singers/groups of all times
1) the clash
2) the pixis
3) misfits
4) beatles
5) p-funk

2. Your view on marriage/kids
i don't want neither.

3. On a scale of 1 - 10, with 1 being most conservative and 10 being most liberal, you consider yourself a...
i go to 11.

4. LSAT score
pretty.

5. Tell me something funny here
so a guy walks into a bar, and there's a note that says "100 bucks if you make the donkey in the back laugh"- he goes into the back, and makes the donkey laugh and wins the money... he comes back a week later and the sign reads "100 bucks if you make the donkey in the back cry"- so he goes in the back and makes the donkey cry. when he goes to get his cash, the barkeep asks "what did you do to make him cry " and the guy sez "i told him my cock was bigger than his" and the barkeep asks "and what did you do to make him cry" and the guy sez "i showed him."

6.  Favorite beer
Sam oktoberfest

7.  What is your view on cats?
i like em a lot.

8.  On a scale of 1 - 10, with 1 being most traditional and 10 being most liberal, how traditional are you about gender roles?
again, i go to 11.

9.  Last book you read (not a book for class)
50 Degrees Below Zero.

10.  Where were you born/raised?
NY, CT, and MA

11.  Religion/how often you attend religious services
Deist, rarely if ever

12.  Age

13.  Favorite food
MMM FOOD!

14.  # of cultural events (theater, galley shows, ballets) that you go to in an average year
over a dozen.

15.  Height
5'8"

ps: to get to V you have to go through me :)

mcleod13

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2006, 05:36:58 AM »
1. Top 5 bands/singers/groups of all times
Boyz II Men
GNR
Aerosmith
Temptations
CCR

2. Your view on marriage/kids
Cool
3. On a scale of 1 - 10, with 1 being most conservative and 10 being most liberal, you consider yourself a...
4. LSAT score
Not good enough

5. Tell me something funny here
Three blondes were walking down the street, the first two walked into a bar......The third one ducked

6.  Favorite beer
Corona

7.  What is your view on cats?
Like them

8.  On a scale of 1 - 10, with 1 being most traditional and 10 being most liberal, how traditional are you about gender roles?

9.  Last book you read (not a book for class)
Right now

10.  Where were you born/raised?
Illinois

11.  Religion/how often you attend religious services
Never

12.  Age
27 (but look 20)

13.  Favorite food
Japanese

14.  # of cultural events (theater, galley shows, ballets) that you go to in an average year
10-15

15.  Height
5'9"
Hmmm...that's all for now...we'll award a winner later.

skaiserbrown

« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2006, 05:43:48 AM »
Is that a threat to the admissions comittee?
no, a promise.

mcleod13

« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2006, 05:45:04 AM »
Boblaw:  Waitlisted  (Boyz to Men?  Are you serious?  Your  #15 also hurt you)

I have a great reason to love Boyz II men. That was the only concert I ever got to go to with my sister before she died.

As far as me being 5'9".. I may be a little short, but My heart and tongue are big!!

skaiserbrown

« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2006, 06:05:45 AM »
Oh really?  Well in that case, DING!

I don't like being told what I can and can't have.

Too bad, you were totally gonna be accepted too... ;)

you act like i care. you were a safety, at best.