Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Stanford DING!  (Read 23020 times)

chombi3

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Re: Stanford DING!
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2006, 04:37:04 PM »
just got my stanford rejection too...first of the cycle, alas.  surprisingly, im not upset at all.  i never really expected to get in because of my gpa, and i couldn't really imagine any circumstance where i would end up moving to california for law school.  ah well.

Sorry chombi, and wow you were complete in December?  Thats bad news, since I was complete in late November...warming up my space  :-\

thanks steve.  i think you're much more likely to be accepted with your stellar gpa in a tough major...maybe it's good news that they're onto december and you haven't gotten anything!

thanks for the kind words chombi, but the more I go through this process the more I see/realize that LSAT is king, and unfortunately (for me) GPA is just kinda there... :-\
[/quote]

well as much as that's true for most schools (to my delight), i think stanford and boalt are two of the most notable exceptions.  judging from the former's acceptances this cycle on LSN, you basically need a 3.9 or above.
Crazy For You: georgetown, NYU, penn ($$$), UVA, chicago, columbia, harvard!!
Rejection Is The Greatest Aphrodisiac: Stanford
Justify My Love: yale

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=chombi3

orlando jackson

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2006, 05:10:49 PM »
rejected by stanford today.  letter dated 1/20.  I'd just like to point out that Stanford lost to UC Davis in both football and basketbal this year.  UC Davis is was DII a year or two ago.  And of course, stanford also lost the big game to Cal this year.  Go Bears.

Bitter? ;) j/k....Do you mind sharing your numbers and complete date?

bitter is a good word to describe how i feel.  thats what i was trying to convey at least.  my numbers are on LSN at http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=orlandojackson.  i guess a stanford rejection makes sense when you look at my gpa.  the first one is the worst though.

Pancho

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2006, 06:20:53 PM »
Sorry chombi and Orlando :-\

It looks like with these rejections dated 1/20, there will be no end to the worrying for the rest of us :P....

Pancho

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2006, 08:08:21 PM »
They must have something against the 3.8x/176 applicants:

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=NorthernGirl

thescreed

« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2006, 08:42:31 PM »
The one good thing about these Stanford dings is that you can be sure they're not rejecting people just because of their numbers.  They have to take a careful look at the files of some outstanding candidates to find an excuse to reject so many this early in the cycle.

I hope I get a personalized letter telling me that it's not just my old GPA that made them reject me, but that they gave my file a detailed examination and decided that they flat-out don't like me.

piggy-buttercup

• Sr. Citizen
  • hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 24, 2006, 12:21:30 AM »
dinged at stanford  :-[

Steve.jd

• LSD Obsessed
  • I'm edumacated now, still not photogenic though
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 24, 2006, 12:23:15 AM »

GPA, complete date?
HLS '09

Pancho

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 24, 2006, 12:33:01 AM »

My word.  Sorry :(.  If it makes you feel any better, it seems they plan on enrolling six people in the Class of 2009 :).

Steve.jd

• LSD Obsessed
  • I'm edumacated now, still not photogenic though
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 24, 2006, 12:35:06 AM »

My word.  Sorry :(.  If it makes you feel any better, it seems they plan on enrolling six people in the Class of 2009 :).

Can you imagine the student faculty ratio that will result?

S will take the rankings by storm!  :D
HLS '09

Mikhaila

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 24, 2006, 12:36:19 AM »
I'm NorthernGirl on LSN.  A little surprised to be dinged this early, but I was never going to choose Stanford over Harvard (I want to end up back in Canada), so not too upset.

Commiserations to everyone else getting the bad news this week.